Anyone here ever work for UPS?

dragonite3000

Yeah its a shit job. I worked a seasonal position for them at their shipping warehouse. They had me unloading and loading trucks. The pay was shit, hours long and work hard. If you can wait and stick with it then it pays off if you can drive the brown trucks or big rigs which pay 50k+/year and you get great health coverage. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Asshole said:

Yeah its a shit job. I worked a seasonal position for them at their shipping warehouse. They had me unloading and loading trucks. The pay was shit, hours long and work hard. If you can wait and stick with it then it pays off if you can drive the brown trucks or big rigs which pay 50k+/year and you get great health coverage. 

In the US, it pays decent like $15/hr i think. And then you can make over time and earn your way up.

Depends on what you're looking for. Do you want to actually know about the work in the warehouse or office?

Regarding the office they are using Call Centers placed abroad, most likely Portugal. Salary is above average since it does depend on which market you're working for (Language). In case you're Danish, Swedish or from Norway you'll have a great living in those countries. The job itself is well somewhat chill, really depends on whether you're there for vacation or an actual career and do care about Bonuses. Contracts are made for 1 year and usually come with a paid apartment hosted by the company.

Climbing the career ladder is sort of limited, you can become Supervisor real quick but past that, well you do need certain connections. 

Those contact centers do offer free flights back to your Country and back annually.

Not sure if I missed something out but yeah, that's how it usually works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Asshole said:

Man this is what I keep hearing. I know if I apply I'll have a 80% chance of being hired for a package handler. However, this would only be temporary and hey if I ended up liking it I would've thought about sticking around but I'm hearing it's not worth it.

20 minutes ago, Irvo said:

Depends on what you're looking for. Do you want to actually know about the work in the warehouse or office?

Regarding the office they are using Call Centers placed abroad, most likely Portugal. Salary is above average since it does depend on which market you're working for (Language). In case you're Danish, Swedish or from Norway you'll have a great living in those countries. The job itself is well somewhat chill, really depends on whether you're there for vacation or an actual career and do care about Bonuses. Contracts are made for 1 year and usually come with a paid apartment hosted by the company.

Climbing the career ladder is sort of limited, you can become Supervisor real quick but past that, well you do need certain connections. 

Those contact centers do offer free flights back to your Country and back annually.

Not sure if I missed something out but yeah, that's how it usually works.

Warehouse.