Can Jagex actually detect game clients?

Dab in a Lab

21 minutes ago, totedem said:

I was about to google maplestory….then I read your comment and decided not to haha

You’re welcome. 

19 minutes ago, Dab in a Lab said:

I was just a kid, don't judge too harshly for my bad taste.

Gave me a good laugh

We’re you five? If not then wtf

To explain certain situations, you would need information about how the banning system works. Information we dont have so yeah I bet no one is going to try and explain this one because no one can. If you ask me, its probably just bad luck or something else that got you banned on the OSbot client. As everyone pointed out, it isnt solely the client that got you banned. Its likely your IP + being flagged + being on a 3rd party client. 

15 hours ago, Yowhite said:

To explain certain situations, you would need information about how the banning system works. Information we dont have so yeah I bet no one is going to try and explain this one because no one can. If you ask me, its probably just bad luck or something else that got you banned on the OSbot client. As everyone pointed out, it isnt solely the client that got you banned. Its likely your IP + being flagged + being on a 3rd party client. 

Everyone was quick to judge that my flagged IP was the sole reason I got banned, but I just proved otherwise. There's obviously other factors that go into it than just a flagged IP, which still leads me to believe that Jagex could potentially monitor client usage from a flagged IP.

21 minutes ago, dogetrix said:

Congrats, you have a sample size N = 1. Ok, it becomes a tiny bit more credible. What would really set it is repeating it for ten more times.

If I wanted to be statistically significant, I would have to have at least 30 samples, but I don't have the patience for that atm. Maybe in the future.

I just wanted to make a discussion about the possibility of it, but all that came out of it was repetitive "flagged ip idiot" posts which I had already addressed in the main post.

I'd like to get some sort of automated farm set up before I really dive into testing bans. I need to spend 2+ hours per an account which will take up some time. When I get to the testing, I may start a ban journal thread about the client usage ban rates.

Edited by Dab in a Lab

On 7/7/2018 at 2:40 AM, Dab in a Lab said:

Everyone was quick to judge that my flagged IP was the sole reason I got banned, but I just proved otherwise. There's obviously other factors that go into it than just a flagged IP, which still leads me to believe that Jagex could potentially monitor client usage from a flagged IP.

I understand and I agree that we shouldnt pull the trigger that fast on it. However I do not believe Jagex can actively monitor what client you are using, I think its highly unlikely they would let osbot live if that was the case. I could be wrong though as I many times am, its still a guessing game what they can or cannot do and allow or do not allow. 

On 7/7/2018 at 3:02 AM, Dab in a Lab said:

If I wanted to be statistically significant, I would have to have at least 30 samples, but I don't have the patience for that atm. Maybe in the future.

I just wanted to make a discussion about the possibility of it, but all that came out of it was repetitive "flagged ip idiot" posts which I had already addressed in the main post.

I'd like to get some sort of automated farm set up before I really dive into testing bans. I need to spend 2+ hours per an account which will take up some time. When I get to the testing, I may start a ban journal thread about the client usage ban rates.

If you were to do something like this, I would be very interested in helping you. I always wondered why there was no statistics page yet looking into bans. Together we have so much unused information.  I think it has something to do with the fact that you have to take in many factors. I commend you on your commitment and I am very much looking forward to seeing the results. 100% following this post. 

Edited by Yowhite
  • Like 1

From my personal experiences, I don't think you have to worry TOO MUCH about "flagged IP." The reason why I don't believe in it is because how would Jagex handle people that are using computers at the library, public hot spots, university wifi, labs, shared computers etc? Personally I got a ton of accounts banned from my home IP when I was new to the botting scene. However, I have a "legit" main account that I never bot on and it has yet to be banned. I can't speak for the massive scale botters that have everything automated and run 100s of accounts but from a small-scale mid/high level tier botting perspective, I found a nice balance of one or two accounts per computer was the way to last the longest. No Proxy, VPN  tinfoil BS. Only time I would use proxies/vpns would be when I have accounts that are ready to bot high-end content such as barros/zulrah and I'll exclusively bot that on a specific proxy until they get banned and recover it from creation IP. From Jagex, account review end, it'll look like the account "got hacked."

Probably gave away a nice "secret" that many experienced botters use. In regards to the accounts getting banned from manually doing tut, etc on a osbot client, I had a similar experience. For some reason, I was getting banned for manual completion on bot clients. The reason why I said you don't have to worry too much about "flagged IP" is that I found that a mixture of completing tuts by hand partially on an official client and finishing the rest with any tut script was good enough to get the account through the first day. I believe flagged IP does play a factor but it seems more of a 95% pattern recognition:5% flagged ip ratio for bans. 

just my two cents! Hope y'all have better results with botting from my insight. Doesn't hurt to try ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Yowhite said:

I understand and I agree that we shouldnt pull the trigger that fast on it. However I do not believe Jagex can actively monitor what client you are using, I think its highly unlikely they would let osbot live if that was the case. I could be wrong though as I many times am, its still a guessing game what they can or cannot do and allow or do not allow. 

If you were to do something like this, I would be very interested in helping you. I always wondered why there was no statistics page yet looking into bans. Together we have so much unused information.  I think it has something to do with the fact that you have to take in many factors. I commend you on your commitment and I am very much looking forward to seeing the results. 100% following this post. 

Just wanna give a heads up that I probably wouldn't test the ban rates for a little while since I wanna think of and make a good f2p farm since my members ones were kinda ehh and never automated... and since the price of bonds shot up so much, it cut a huge profit into it. So once I make my script and got a steady automated system going, I'm definitely interested in testing it too. I'll let you know when I start if you'd still like to help when the time comes. 

I think a lot of people are quiet about their ban discoveries since it gives them an edge in their farming. The less people that are knowledgeable about bans, the less competition for gold. If I discovered the secret of prolonging my account life by a significant amount, or avoid a ban all together, I honestly don't think I would make it public. In this case though the ban testing would be would just be more of an interesting discovery a lot of people might like to know. If the evidence supports it ofc.

31 minutes ago, HoneyDewBubbleT said:

From my personal experiences, I don't think you have to worry TOO MUCH about "flagged IP." The reason why I don't believe in it is because how would Jagex handle people that are using computers at the library, public hot spots, university wifi, labs, shared computers etc? Personally I got a ton of accounts banned from my home IP when I was new to the botting scene. However, I have a "legit" main account that I never bot on and it has yet to be banned. I can't speak for the massive scale botters that have everything automated and run 100s of accounts but from a small-scale mid/high level tier botting perspective, I found a nice balance of one or two accounts per computer was the way to last the longest. No Proxy, VPN  tinfoil BS. Only time I would use proxies/vpns would be when I have accounts that are ready to bot high-end content such as barros/zulrah and I'll exclusively bot that on a specific proxy until they get banned and recover it from creation IP. From Jagex, account review end, it'll look like the account "got hacked."

Probably gave away a nice "secret" that many experienced botters use. In regards to the accounts getting banned from manually doing tut, etc on a osbot client, I had a similar experience. For some reason, I was getting banned for manual completion on bot clients. The reason why I said you don't have to worry too much about "flagged IP" is that I found that a mixture of completing tuts by hand partially on an official client and finishing the rest with any tut script was good enough to get the account through the first day. I believe flagged IP does play a factor but it seems more of a 95% pattern recognition:5% flagged ip ratio for bans. 

just my two cents! Hope y'all have better results with botting from my insight. Doesn't hurt to try ?

I honestly believed a flagged IP was a myth/scare tactic to get people to buy proxies and shit, but you'll definitely know when it happens. I was botting 7-10 accounts on the same ip at a time for a few months and would get them all banned everyday and nothing happened. I tried using a simple iron miner one day since I was lazy and didn't wanna prep and transfer/buy as many materials as the method I was botting needed, and by the end of the day I had my mules and main banned. Ever since then my account can't last longer than an hour of botting, and if I bot anything at all, like a fletcher, fisher, chopper, spalsher, etc... for even just 10 minutes; the account will be banned within a couple hours.

Even just spending a couple minutes testing a bug in my script will get me banned.

Edited by Dab in a Lab

4 hours ago, Dab in a Lab said:

Just wanna give a heads up that I probably wouldn't test the ban rates for a little while since I wanna think of and make a good f2p farm since my members ones were kinda ehh and never automated... and since the price of bonds shot up so much, it cut a huge profit into it. So once I make my script and got a steady automated system going, I'm definitely interested in testing it too. I'll let you know when I start if you'd still like to help when the time comes. 

I think a lot of people are quiet about their ban discoveries since it gives them an edge in their farming. The less people that are knowledgeable about bans, the less competition for gold. If I discovered the secret of prolonging my account life by a significant amount, or avoid a ban all together, I honestly don't think I would make it public. In this case though the ban testing would be would just be more of an interesting discovery a lot of people might like to know. If the evidence supports it ofc.

Fair point. Now you mention it, I think I would agree with it. Botting is about making money and the more you know, the more it gives you an edge. Yeah definetly, let me know Dab. If I understand correctly you are trying to do something like this; 

If thats the case then 100% I would think I could be of use to you and your goal. I think working towards a shared goal together gives you a lot of advantages.  

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:02 PM, Dab in a Lab said:

There is no point in getting an automated farm first and then figuring out the ban system. You have to figure out how to avoid bans and then setup the farm... Testing methods for money making will direct you on to what type of farm you will end up having.