Looking for help

thatoldguy71

Hello fellow runescapers!

My name is Frank, I am a 47 year old dude who used to play runescape back in the 2000's (yes, I was one of the cool adults :) ).

This might be one of those long posts, but I'd really appreciate it if you could read through it.  I'm gonna try to focus on what I'm actually asking for, and not so much as to why I'm asking for it - you will quickly get the idea.

My wife (who I married back in 1993) recently got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. If you do not know what that is, I'd suggest you to read it as it does affect upwards of 1,000,000 humans in the US alone. Right now it's not unbearable for her, but simple things as cutting vegetables is hard for her. My workhours have gone down aswell, as I'm stuck on the question "Should I stay home with my wife, or should I go to work". I try to work as much as possible, but at the same time be the greatest of a husband I can be. We were unfortunately not given a child, so it's only the two of us.

The doctors has told us in advance that medication will help to slow down the symptoms, but in the end, surgery will be the best option. This could be a surgery that takes place in a year, maybe ten, but I like to have the money upfront so I won't have to focus on paying hospital bills, but focus on my wife. We do have our bills to pay, and the remaining money each month is nothing to brag about. The surgery will cost us around 100,000 $.

Back in the 2000's when I played runescape, I showed it to my niece. It was actually her that showed me this botting this on the game that I could actually make money off of. She used to be an active member of this community, but has now given me her main account in the game, as she's not using it anymore. 

Now, to what I'm asking for:

Botting is something that I have never even heard of. I understand the concept, you have machines doing the work for you, and you profit off of it. I understand that it is a process where you start small, and end up big (hopefully).

The account I was given has 99 magic, as well as 95 range. It also has smaller skills, but nothing too huge. The account also has 5738K, and I understand that people are selling 1000K (or 1M) for around 0.70$.

Now, I understand that you giving me all the hidden secrets to this is not something I would even bother doing, but could someone give me the most common tips? I read something about proxys and I understand that they are necessary for long term botting. But explaining what a proxy is, and how I could get one, would be of great use. Other questions such as, is it high risk-high reward, do you get banned at all, can I bot during the weekdays, how many accounts should I use?

I will make sure to check in from time to time if there's any comments on this post, or messages in my inbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 3

Sorry to burst your bubble, but botting is a very secretive community. Nobody is going to tell you their methods, or how to succeed, as it is a very competitive business.

I suggest you don't go on with botting in its current state. The profits are at an all time low (for most people, considering the decline in gold prices), and ban rates are through the roof. Most successful botters these days are using heavily automated systems, and are running many, many accounts. Unless you are a highly experienced programmer, then you aren't going to get into this kind of business for a low price. Think about the costs for a moment. You will have to pay for dedicated servers to run your accounts, and an automated system for botting (this is the main thing that is going to cost you money) Unless you are prepared to drop upwards of $1000 on a system that might not even be worth it, then botting might not be for you. If you think that you're going to get away with botting on that account from your niece, you're wrong. Some people in the community have started to say something along the lines of, "It isn't about preventing a ban, but instead delaying the inevitable ban".

In summary, botting is not for everybody. It's not a get-rich-quick kind of deal. It requires a lot of time in the beginning, and in the end it might not even be worth your time.

• Like 1