Saw a title of a thread Things you'd like to DO in life so heres a thought tell me what you think?

Hannibal_

Leave society.

Everyone is content on living the same week over and over in tandem with everyone and everything else.

Im 22, which means On average I have 66 years left, I would love to just leave.

If anyone is interested in the philosophy :- 

Spoiler

The American investment banker was taking a much-needed vacation in a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. The boat had several large, fresh fish in it.

The investment banker was impressed by the quality of the fish and asked the Mexican how long it took to catch them. The Mexican replied, “Only a little while.” The banker then asked why he didn’t stay out longer and catch more fish?

The Mexican fisherman replied he had enough to support his family’s immediate needs.

The American then asked “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”

The Mexican fisherman replied, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos: I have a full and busy life, señor.”

The investment banker scoffed, “I am an Ivy League MBA, and I could help you. You could spend more time fishing and with the proceeds buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats until eventually you would have a whole fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to the middleman you could sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You could control the product, processing and distribution.”

Then he added, “Of course, you would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City where you would run your growing enterprise.”

The Mexican fisherman asked, “But señor, how long will this all take?”

To which the American replied, “15-20 years.”

“But what then?” asked the Mexican.

The American laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich. You could make millions.”

“Millions, señor? Then what?”

To which the investment banker replied, “Then you would retire. You could move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos.”

This parable changed the way that I personally view the world. 

I no longer want to conquer the world, simply live my life with my love on a beach making enough money to get by on the day to day.

what do you think?

you forget the fact that living a peaceful life in a non shithole country already puts you in the top 20% worldwide economically

almost everyone poorer than you doesnt want to keep living in a shithole, so if you dont work hard they will and when they replace you, you wont be able to live your peaceful life in your own house in a coastal village

7 minutes ago, ez11 said:

you forget the fact that living a peaceful life in a non shithole country already puts you in the top 20% worldwide economically

almost everyone poorer than you doesnt want to keep living in a shithole, so if you dont work hard they will and when they replace you, you wont be able to live your peaceful life in your own house in a coastal village

That implies that capitalism is completely correct; I have currently a decent amount of money saved, that i plan to shove into property out there where we want to go. That plus shitty jobs we get there should sustain us for the rest of our lives. Having more doesn't necessarily mean that you have a better quality of life? Yes i was lucky to be born into a peaceful life in a well off country to allow myself to adjust my bearings, However just because im in the top 20% economically doesn't mean that i have a better quality of life than those in a poor country. (Not being black and white so i know this doesnt apply to all countries)

41 minutes ago, Hannibal_ said:

That implies that capitalism is completely correct; I have currently a decent amount of money saved, that i plan to shove into property out there where we want to go. That plus shitty jobs we get there should sustain us for the rest of our lives. Having more doesn't necessarily mean that you have a better quality of life? Yes i was lucky to be born into a peaceful life in a well off country to allow myself to adjust my bearings, However just because im in the top 20% economically doesn't mean that i have a better quality of life than those in a poor country. (Not being black and white so i know this doesnt apply to all countries)

doesnt that prove the point of that investor guy in your first post?

work hard to get money and then retire?

When the WHO says that half of the world doesnt even have access to essential healthcare I would say that having money makes a huge difference in quality of life. Considering that number I would probably lower the % of wealth most people in rich countrys are in even more.

Considering you say you have a noticeable amount of money saved to buy property at 22 I would say you are probably in the 1% of your age bracket

Unless im missing something here your post makes it look like you dont really grasp how rich you actually are while talking about being modest lol

27 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

Leave and go where exactly? 

Currently looking at property in oludeniz (just to rent)

27 minutes ago, ez11 said:

doesnt that prove the point of that investor guy in your first post?

work hard to get money and then retire?

When the WHO says that half of the world doesnt even have access to essential healthcare I would say that having money makes a huge difference in quality of life. Considering that number I would probably lower the % of wealth most people in rich countrys are in even more.

Considering you say you have a noticeable amount of money saved to buy property at 22 I would say you are probably in the 1% of your age bracket

Unless im missing something here your post makes it look like you dont really grasp how rich you actually are while talking about being modest lol

Right a bit of back story.

I was a CNC programmer from the age of 16 to 21. (Made stupid money  roughly 60grand a year without tax) 

I was made redundant because my boss was a tax fraud (12.7 million worth)

I then had an idea to start my own business coming up with the design for a new type of firmware for cnc machines; However since meeting Ellie Im content with what I have and instead of starting a business I would rather leave and just chill with her. Living within the means that I have god as pose to trying to make more...

Edit - Typo

Edited by Hannibal_

7 minutes ago, Hannibal_ said:

Currently looking at property in oludeniz (just to rent)

Right a bit of back story.

I was a CNC programmer from the age of 16 to 21. (Made stupid money  roughly 60grand a year without tax) 

I was made redundant because my boss was a tax fraud (12.7 million worth)

I then had an idea to start my own business coming up with the design for a new type of firmware for cnc machines; However since meeting Ellie Im content with what I have and instead of starting a business I would rather leave and just chill with her. Living within the means that I have god as pose to trying to make more...

Edit - Typo

sounds good dude. do it

fuck the system

enjoy and live your life how you want to

no worries or stress..sounds great to me