Help with downloading?

omgwow

I just bought a cq60 windows 10 laptop. All it does it save the osbot download. When I click "open" it only gives me the option to use stuff like Word and explorer. I downloaded Java, I think. I used the Java website, it downloaded into my programs(x86) or whatever it is and downloaded a jre file but I still have no idea if I can even use that to download osbot. Anyone tech savvy please save me I have not a freaking clue! 

6 minutes ago, omgwow said:

I just bought a cq60 windows 10 laptop. All it does it save the osbot download. When I click "open" it only gives me the option to use stuff like Word and explorer. I downloaded Java, I think. I used the Java website, it downloaded into my programs(x86) or whatever it is and downloaded a jre file but I still have no idea if I can even use that to download osbot. Anyone tech savvy please save me I have not a freaking clue! 

Do you have Java 8? 
right click > open with > if java is not there search pc @ whever you installed it

9 minutes ago, omgwow said:

If I click on the osbot download and fight click open with, I go into my program files(x86), click on Java folder, and then the only folder I have is jre1. 8.0_171. Where do I go from there?? What do I select inside that folder.. Or is that even the right Java? Do I need jdk or jre? 

jdk is fine as it is the most common and basic one to use.

is the file .jar tho or?

if not, it means java is not installed, go to https://www.java.com download the installer, run it and it should work.

if you have installed java before but its not working it probably is a corrupted install which means something went wrong during install. then just go to configuration panel, APPS, remove java, reboot pc and re-install java with above given link.

lmk if it helps and if not, please let me know so I can assist furtherly

3 minutes ago, omgwow said:

So I got it downloaded and followed a Java instruction guide in the forums. I used the exact method and screen popped up saying "could not find or load main class c:\users\downloads\osbot 2.5.8(1).jar....any ideas?? 

Ehhh, yes.

Delete EVERYTHING related to java, java itself, cache and osbot client and cache, also add me on discord, way easier to help

Clown#2231