What exactly is the "Trade with caution" rank supposed to achieve when its handed out so inconsistently?

ez11

3 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Then ban them. If they have the TWC rank to begin with then it's because they did something wrong. TWC shouldn't be given out because 'I think' this guy deserves it. It should be given out with facts. If it's a fact that a user is a threat to the marketplace then that user does not currently belong in the marketplace. I wouldn't mind there being an appeals process to get rid of it but the fact that a user has a TWC because they're proven to be dangerous in the market and then can continue to market is just baffling.

If any user willfully requests TWC also then they should be left with either a rejection - as this is not a scam and nothing about scammers is funny - or they should be given the rank along with all of the restrictions that comes with it.

TWC is given based on facts and a staff consensus. If you'd like to suggest changes to the system I'm sure Maldesto would be happy to hear them.

1 hour ago, Night said:

TWC is given based on facts and a staff consensus. If you'd like to suggest changes to the system I'm sure Maldesto would be happy to hear them.

Exactly. I’m saying since it’s a fact that they’re deemed a threat then no market access should be allowed. 

1 hour ago, RoomScape said:

Then ban them. If they have the TWC rank to begin with then it's because they did something wrong. TWC shouldn't be given out because 'I think' this guy deserves it. It should be given out with facts. If it's a fact that a user is a threat to the marketplace then that user does not currently belong in the marketplace. I wouldn't mind there being an appeals process to get rid of it but the fact that a user has a TWC because they're proven to be dangerous in the market and then can continue to market is just baffling.

If any user willfully requests TWC also then they should be left with either a rejection - as this is not a scam and nothing about scammers is funny - or they should be given the rank along with all of the restrictions that comes with it.

^This.  I don't think I could agree more.  If there is any potential for that person to even be a threat, they shouldn't be given that chance. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mini tity said:

^This.  I don't think I could agree more.  If there is any potential for that person to even be a threat, they shouldn't be given that chance. 

It’s not that they shouldn’t be given a chance since they’re given a chance with the appeals section, but what’s the point in an empty rank? They still have full access to everything when they were a scammer who refunded to get unbanned or broke some market rules making them look like a threat. If they’re a threat to the market and are given the rank, why are no restrictions put in place for this market threat?

6 minutes ago, mini tity said:

I disagree.

Yes, twc should be given when a player is a threat or potentially a threat. Banning them will eventually force them to ban evade and eventually it is a never ending cycle.

During my time here, I have seen quite a number of reformed users. I strongly believe that twc is a second chance. Don’t misuse the chance given.

• 4 weeks later...