Java Haters

Chris

I never understood why it was "cool" to shit on Java. I learned Java in AP CS (actually got the highest grade in my class, I actually did extra assignments because I got bored of finishing the projects faster and with far less effort than the normies, I even got physically ill when I saw how sloppy some of their code was) in highschool.

I've done tons of data analysis, game writing, complex problem solving, and other advanced techniques with Java even though I'm only a freshman college student, and the best part is... I'm not even a CS major, this stuff just comes so easily to me! I've never had want for more features, if I ever have any issue I'm always able to just... program around it like anyone should be able to. I've tried C++, C, and python. The C-languages were basically the same thing as Java but with different syntax and a few extra features, I could easily switch to them but I like challenging myself to do things without those extra features, it's a mental exercise which alleviates some of the tedium in most of the projects I'm tasked with.

Python is utter garbage, it barely has a decent way to use arrays, has no features, and it always ends up taking up more screen space than anything I could write in a legitimate language because apparently a newline and a tab are legitimate separator characters. Python is basically written for 5-year-olds who have no semicolon key (; for any pythonners here) on their keyboard. I think the only reason google uses it is because they don't want to pay for decent programmers who are able to comprehend legit programming languages. Java did nothing wrong.

/shitpost

Why you hate on Python. I've taken many upper level CS courses and after spending countless hours using C and C++ in the lower level classes to implement all sorts of programs (compilers, linkers, etc) I can say it is very nice to be able to use Python once you understand the underlying code that most Python methods use. Doing web dev, security stuff (hacking), and etc using Python allows for more time spent understanding those concepts using solid Python libraries rather than spending more time writing longer code in C/C++ and sometimes Java. I agree C/C++/Java are the most powerful and are must-learns for programmers though.