If you care about nutrition/our planet/the animals

T H C

8 minutes ago, T H C said:

There's been studies on plant based diets for ~40 years now. Look into The China Study by T Colin Campbell, or How Not To Die by Dr. Greger to name a few.

Isnt it that saying to reduce intake of animal meat and processed food and increase plant food, not saying completely remove meats?

But yeah theres studies showing how eating plant based diets improves health, theres no arguing that. 

EDIT: Was that the guy who went to China after realizing the difference in colon cancer and heart disease vs USA and europe?

4 minutes ago, T H C said:

Certain extremities like a gunshot/broken bone or sudden heart attacks do require drugs. But to put someone on medication for diabetes/high blood pressure while not implementing plant based foods in the diet is not solving the problem.

Oh, yeah forgot about that. Yeah, because its their horrible diet. Im not saying drugs by itself is the only way either ?

Edited by overboardsea123s
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

Isnt it that saying to reduce intake of animal meat and processed food and increase plant food, not saying completely remove meats?

But yeah theres studies showing how eating plant based diets improves health, theres no arguing that. 

Dr. Greger, for instance, does recommend to cut down on animal based products. However he mentions it is most beneficial for the human body to not eat animal based foods at all, especially when we have such a broad choice in todays world. It's like saying instead of kicking your shin against a table 5 times a week, you'll only do it once or twice. It's better, no doubt, but there's still room for improvement.

34 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

After this is where the conspiracies come about, claiming governments allow things we consume despite the given studies showing the health issues leading to death in order to maintain population and make money in drugs muahaha XD

They actually do, though. The FDA allowed a lot of things that kills people. 

26 minutes ago, T H C said:

there is extreme profit with big pharma. why would they promote a healthy lifestyle, that would render them without business? if people could heal themselves naturally, and take care of their own health through the foods they eat, that would be a multi billion dollar industry down the drain.

USA spends a world breaking 3+ Trillion dollars annually on health care, yet we're nowhere near the top of the world in health.

• Like 1
  • Boge 1

i will repeat, empty carbs, processed foods and overeating are the problem. meat in a balanced diet is perfectly ok. lots of people have 0 fruits or vegetables in their diet. lots of people fall victim to the notion that "lite" foods and "low in fat" foods are better for them when they are actually more processed and provide more harm than good. when you look in the cupboards of lots of people their cupboards are filled with processed foods full of refined sugars and other shit that our bodies hate. meat is completely fine in a balanced diet. keep in mind that you should be mindful of where your meat is coming from and avoid meat filled with antibiotics and growth hormones. veganism is a cult like lifestyle in which many sheeple start following without actually doing their own research.

8 minutes ago, T H C said:

vs USA and China

No I meant China VS USA and Europe

But ye seems like it is. 

23 minutes ago, T H C said:

Dr. Greger, for instance, does recommend to cut down on animal based products. However he mentions it is most beneficial for the human body to not eat animal based foods at all, especially when we have such a broad choice in todays world. It's like saying instead of kicking your shin against a table 5 times a week, you'll only do it once or twice. It's better, no doubt, but there's still room for improvement.

Seems like an exaggerated analogy, i read a bit of it and saw a doc features that study. Ill read it and look up more things to make sure. Ill take any more studies you knows of as well to read. 

9 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

Seems like an exaggerated analogy, i read a bit of it and saw a doc features that study. Ill read it and look up more things to make sure. Ill take any more studies you knows of as well to read.

Dr. Esselstyn would be another good individual to look up if you wish. Much of his work is centered on the relationship with heart disease and diet

13 minutes ago, superuser said:

i will repeat, empty carbs, processed foods and overeating are the problem. meat in a balanced diet is perfectly ok. lots of people have 0 fruits or vegetables in their diet. lots of people fall victim to the notion that "lite" foods and "low in fat" foods are better for them when they are actually more processed and provide more harm than good. when you look in the cupboards of lots of people their cupboards are filled with processed foods full of refined sugars and other shit that our bodies hate. meat is completely fine in a balanced diet. keep in mind that you should be mindful of where your meat is coming from and avoid meat filled with antibiotics and growth hormones. veganism is a cult like lifestyle in which many sheeple start following without actually doing their own research.

I agree people do need to do their own research. Which I can say I have done a bit of. With that being said do YOU know where your meat comes from?

Edited by T H C

23 minutes ago, superuser said:

That's because of commercials and just plain ignorance, though. I thought that 'diet' soda and 'lite' foods were healthier versions of foods. I never ate them since I never needed to but I always thought they were healthier and smarter options just because that's the way they were marketed.

The sad reality is that they're actually worse for you, which is just really ironic.

13 minutes ago, T H C said:

Dr. Esselstyn would be another good individual to look up if you wish. Much of his work is centered on the relationship with heart disease and diet

I agree people do need to do their own research. Which I can say I have done a bit of. With that being said do YOU know where your meat comes from?

A lot of people think they know where it does but they truly don't. Same goes with milk and a lot of other foods. The processing foods business is huge and disgusting.

10 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

That's because of commercials and just plain ignorance, though. I thought that 'diet' soda and 'lite' foods were healthier versions of foods. I never ate them since I never needed to but I always thought they were healthier and smarter options just because that's the way they were marketed.

The sad reality is that they're actually worse for you, which is just really ironic

100% man. Many times when the label reads, “low this” and “low that” there are extra substances and even chemicals/preservatives added to make up for the lack of taste that is brought with the low fat or whatever it happens to be.

1 minute ago, T H C said:

100% man. Many times when the label reads, “low this” and “low that” there are extra substances and even chemicals/preservatives added to make up for the lack of taste that is brought with the low fat or whatever it happens to be.

The thing that gets me the most is food with either zero calories or low calories. People don't do any research by them self and just breath in all the stupid shit they hear from other idiots or commercial advertisements whose only purpose is to get you to buy their products.

Calories = energy.

zero calories inside of food = zero energy

Everything has energy. Everything (aside water, I guess).

If the food you just ate has zero energy, wtf did you just eat?

/logic

25 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

The sad reality is that they're actually worse for you, which is just really ironic.

You just repeated what I wrote :???:
I'm done here, buncha sheep