If you care about nutrition/our planet/the animals

T H C

4 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

However, being full vegan or vegetarian is not really sustainable as healthy way to live; we really dont know much other than the fact it is a great temp diet to help with weight and health issues VS long term  a few  examples of deficiencies caused by this by purely living this way. As a temp diet, of course is great, it starts helping with several issues caused by lifelong unhealthy diets to a certain point.

what are these deficiencies you know of?

11 minutes ago, T H C said:

what are these deficiencies you know of?

Off the top of my head, there has been cases where certain vitamins we require arent provided by vegan or vegetarian diets. Theres also cases linking to problems during pregnancy due to b12 deficiency as well.

I also remember there were studies showing how proteins from plants cant sustain our muscles and bones i think vs protein from metat.

My point is, that this is all new concept still and we simply dont know enough to try suggest a vegan life is the way. 

Edited by overboardsea123s

I mean, guys. It's obviously healthier to eat plants. That's just a fact. Plants are better in almost every way for our bodies. Especially these days with the ways that livestock are raised and treated. Most of them barely walk, eat corn, are given steroids to grow faster and are electrocuted. The quality of the animal is pretty horrible throughout its life and it's no wonder that it would produce a bad body. Nothing good can come of torture, yet these animals are tortured and then we're eating their remains. On top of that, there are a number of processing plants that the meats go through after the animal has suffered abuse its entire life so the meat is even further tainted. This results in just a pretty bad meal.

On the contrary, plants aren't all that much better today with the addition of pesticides and everything else that happens. If you find organic plants and grass fed, free roaming meat, that's a totally different story. But when your meats consist of nothing but KFC boneless nuggets (which boneless chicken is a worse on a totally different story) and the meat from fast food burger places, and the plants are being drowned by in chemicals to prevent them being eaten by insects, it's pretty sad and unhealthy both ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

I mean, guys. It's obviously healthier to eat plants. That's just a fact. Plants are better in almost every way for our bodies. Especially these days with the ways that livestock are raised and treated. Most of them barely walk, eat corn, are given steroids to grow faster and are electrocuted. The quality of the animal is pretty horrible throughout its life and it's no wonder that it would produce a bad body. Nothing good can come of torture, yet these animals are tortured and then we're eating their remains. On top of that, there are a number of processing plants that the meats go through after the animal has suffered abuse its entire life so the meat is even further tainted. This results in just a pretty bad meal.

On the contrary, plants aren't all that much better today with the addition of pesticides and everything else that happens. If you find organic plants and grass fed, free roaming meat, that's a totally different story. But when your meats consist of nothing but KFC boneless nuggets (which boneless chicken is a worse on a totally different story) and the meat from fast food burger places, and the plants are being drowned by in chemicals to prevent them being eaten by insects, it's pretty sad and unhealthy both ways.

After this is where the conspiracies come about, claiming governments allow things we consume despite the given studies showing the health issues leading to death in order to maintain population and make money in drugs muahaha XD

2 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

Of the top of my head, there has been cases where certain vitamins we require arent provided by vegan or vegetarian diets. Theres also cases linking to problems during pregnancy due to b12 deficiency as well.

My point is, that this is all new concept still and we simply dont know enough to try suggest a vegan life is the way. 

I'm glad you didn't throw protein in there at least. As for b12 tho, it is recommended by most all plant based doctors/doctors in general to take b12 supplements while on a plant based diet. I do so myself

7 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

Reminded me of a King of the Kill episode where Hank notices his steaks dont taste as well and look horrible but ends up finding that hippy store that stocked all organic, grass fed, free roaming animals.

xD

You forgot to mention them bugs that are becoming resistant to the pesticides and plants that get tainted ?

But yeah, basically this. I just against anything trying to support a vegan life this early on without enough history to be considered truth; especially when they lump up several  issues as support for it. 

2 minutes ago, T H C said:

I'm glad you didn't throw protein in there at least. As for b12 tho, it is recommended by most all plant based doctors/doctors in general to take b12 supplements while on a plant based diet. I do so myself

Ah was the protein on debunked?

6 minutes ago, overboardsea123s said:

After this is where the conspiracies come about, claiming governments allow things we consume despite the given studies showing the health issues leading to death in order to maintain population and make money in drugs muahaha XD

there is extreme profit with big pharma. why would they promote a healthy lifestyle, that would render them without business? if people could heal themselves naturally, and take care of their own health through the foods they eat, that would be a multi billion dollar industry down the drain.

• Like 1

Just now, T H C said:

there is extreme profit with big pharma. why would they promote a healthy lifestyle, that would render them without business? if people could heal themselves naturally, and take care of their own health through the foods they eat, that would be a multi billion dollar industry down the drain.

Yeah I agree but up to a point with the "naturally part".

We can avoid health issues by simply having balanced diets (which we now know more than ever). But only to some extent.

Theres still diseases that we can control, prevent, or cure due to man made solutions but pharma is allowed to produce dangerous drugs by the government as they did with food. 

1 minute ago, overboardsea123s said:

But yeah, basically this. I just against anything trying to support a vegan life this early on without enough history to be considered truth; especially when they lump up several  issues as support for it. 

There's been studies on plant based diets for ~40 years now. Look into The China Study by T Colin Campbell, or How Not To Die by Dr. Greger to name a few.

1 minute ago, overboardsea123s said:

Yeah I agree but up to a point with the "naturally part".

We can avoid health issues by simply having balanced diets (which we now know more than ever). But only to some extent.

Theres still diseases that we can control, prevent, or cure due to man made solutions but pharma is allowed to produce dangerous drugs by the government as they did with food. 

Certain extremities like a gunshot/broken bone or sudden heart attacks do require drugs. But to put someone on medication for diabetes/high blood pressure while not implementing plant based foods in the diet is not solving the problem.

• Like 1