Remove Censorship

Super Man

27 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Censorship?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, we're all adults (or at least should be, Runescape isn't targeted towards 9 year olds..). I see no benefit in censoring things, because if someone can't handle a silly word... well y'all a pussy ass motherfucker.

But still, I can't see why anyone would need to use a derogatory word (although the word on the street is that a certain n word, when finished without a hard r, is used to show comradery)...

In an ideal world, it wouldn't be censored because the words would never be abused. I have no complaint either way.

Edited by LithiumVolt
  • Like 1

Voted yes. People can express themselves here! What if blowing steam off here helped them not go out and kill someone! Bad words are a part of peoples vocab. Not everyone's but some people use it in every day communication with each other. Power to the people smile.png

Edit: Wasn't aware that all of the curse words were uncensored. I do think racial slurs should remain not  allowed.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Racial slurs and homophobic words are censored for a reason, because they're offensive, people throwing the n-bomb around the forums all the time will offend people, including me, same when people do it in the chatbox, I find it incredibly irratating.

Swear words aren't censored since this isn't a dictatorship, other words do not need to be uncensored, users have more than enough freedom.

As for other botting communities, there isn't any need to mention them around the forum and it also counts as advertising.

Racial slurs and homophobic words are censored for a reason, because they're offensive, people throwing the n-bomb around the forums all the time will offend people, including me, same when people do it in the chatbox, I find it incredibly irratating.

Swear words aren't censored since this isn't a dictatorship, other words do not need to be uncensored, users have more than enough freedom.

As for other botting communities, there isn't any need to mention them around the forum and it also counts as advertising.

Yea other communities can remain censored, that's fine. I'm just talking about all the other words that are censored

Yea other communities can remain censored, that's fine. I'm just talking about all the other words that are censored

However one of your examples was the n-word, and words like that should remain censored.

Our censor filter only contains about 16 words, which contains 5 bot names and alot of words pronounced differently.

Basicly, the only words that are censored now, with their synonyms, are:

'********', '********' and '********'

I don't see any reason to uncensor these words, they can hurt people.

Agreed, and using slurs such as these make the community look trashy and immature.

Voted no.