School laptop

Maldesto

58 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Must be cool to edit someone's reply. I personally used various laptops with suffix U and can justify they are indeed slower than normal processors? 

I didn't edit your reply :???:, I quoted you on where you said something that isn't true. The U suffix means low power usage, that doesn't mean it's slow. Yes, low power usage chips are generally slower than normal processors but they're not slow at all, all it means is that they consume less power. These chips can handle lots of real workloads quite well while maintaining low power usage, this results in longer battery life and that's what they're made for.

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, dragonite3000 said:

I think you're about 1-2 weeks late :p

Haha I know, sorry. Nice to see you again, though! Just back after building my first new PC :)..couple more final exams and I'm back in botting mania.

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

I use a Macbook Pro, great machine for the things I use it for. They'll have my business again the next time I get a new laptop. :)

But. . .you can get a Windows laptop with twice the specs at half the price. You're paying an extra $500 for the apple logo on the back. 

16 hours ago, Jacksonpm23 said:

Haha I know, sorry. Nice to see you again, though! Just back after building my first new PC :)..couple more final exams and I'm back in botting mania.

But. . .you can get a Windows laptop with twice the specs at half the price. You're paying an extra $500 for the apple logo on the back. 

0. I like MacOS

1. I can't easily program on Windows without using Linux dual-boot or a VM

2. I can't easily program for iOS on Windows/Linux

3. From my experience Macs have great build quality (incl. the best trackpads by far)

4. Battery on my current laptop has held up for 5 years, my friends with old Windows laptops can't last more than an hour

5. I have money and like nice things