Problem with my PC

Oliver

Hello, 2 days ago when i turned on my PC, the Monitor was black (like not connected) and the mouse and keyboard were NOT connected either. Usually a LED shows when the keyboard is turned on, same for the mouse. The fans and the pc were running though. 

So after a lot of attempts I removed one of my 2 rams and it solved the problem till I tried to turn it on the next day.

Same problem, so I removed the last ram, placed it in again aswell as my second ram and it worked again.

So all in all,m every time I want to start my PC, I have to put the ram in and out. 

Is my ram broken or the slot where it is placed in? I don't get it because both rams work fine, I just have to put them in and out 

Thank you for any help!

29 minutes ago, Oliver said:

Hello, 2 days ago when i turned on my PC, the Monitor was black (like not connected) and the mouse and keyboard were NOT connected either. Usually a LED shows when the keyboard is turned on, same for the mouse. The fans and the pc were running though. 

So after a lot of attempts I removed one of my 2 rams and it solved the problem till I tried to turn it on the next day.

Same problem, so I removed the last ram, placed it in again aswell as my second ram and it worked again.

So all in all,m every time I want to start my PC, I have to put the ram in and out. 

Is my ram broken or the slot where it is placed in? I don't get it because both rams work fine, I just have to put them in and out 

Thank you for any help!

you gotta get another set of rams and see if the problem persists

not a solution but you can try powering up the machine with one ram then push the other one into the socket so itll boot with both lmfao

had something something similar turned out to be a MOBO problem

9 hours ago, gearing said:

you gotta get another set of rams and see if the problem persists

not a solution but you can try powering up the machine with one ram then push the other one into the socket so itll boot with both lmfao

had something something similar turned out to be a MOBO problem

8 hours ago, Vap0r said:

I would power down the machine, completely power drain, Reseat your CMOS battery on your MoBo.

After this do as above and boot up with only 1 stick of ram to see if any issues. After this power back down and reseat the rest.

10 hours ago, Chikan said:

Do you have any other ram lying around to test them out? If it's the ram issue, new ram will solve it. If not, then the issue is with the mobo and that'll need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Also make sure there is no dust or otherwise inside the slots.

Thank you all!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Didnt happen to get the latest windows 10 update did you

idk it says my device is up to date 

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Didnt happen to get the latest windows 10 update did you

And the ram seems to be fine, both 8gb rams work, I just have to put them in and out before starting the pc.

What the hell can this be lol. I have 4 rams slots, placed each ram in an other but its the same

26 minutes ago, Oliver said:

idk it says my device is up to date 

And the ram seems to be fine, both 8gb rams work, I just have to put them in and out before starting the pc.

What the hell can this be lol. I have 4 rams slots, placed each ram in an other but its the same

I once had ram compatibility issues, does your motherboard have a MemOK button? Should be near the ram slots from memory