I think I'm being hacked?

dragonite3000

so I was on my iPhone using Skype checking if my friend was up and sat my phone down for a second then next thing you know I see something saying ( if you want to share your location go in your settings) or some shit then I thought I was tripping so I exited it? next thing you know its asking me if I wanted to delete my Skype messages then I click no and the screen starts scrolling up and down....? I can barely type because I'm tripping.

Edited by dragonite3000
  • Like 1

How old is the iPhone you're using? Have you been downloading from legit sources only? If your phone contains valuable information like SSN, Password manager I would get those underwraps first. Never hurts to be too cautious especially if you have a lot to lose. Hopefully it was just an error with iPhone Skype app, since Skype is crap now. 

2 minutes ago, illuminati666 said:

which version os iphone do you have? Sometimes when they get old they start to trip out that like. 

idk but I haven't updated my iPhone in a while. however, I'm hoping thats the case but even when I clicked no I opened the Skype app again to see what would happen and the message deleted. it seems like someone was remotely controlling my phone but if that were the case it wouldn't have been just Skype... its like when I open the Skype app that stuff happened.

2 minutes ago, Runnwith said:

How old is the iPhone you're using? Have you been downloading from legit sources only? If your phone contains valuable information like SSN, Password manager I would get those underwraps first. Never hurts to be too cautious especially if you have a lot to lose. Hopefully it was just an error with iPhone Skype app, since Skype is crap now. 

have a 6

Edited by dragonite3000

20 minutes ago, dragonite3000 said:

idk but I haven't updated my iPhone in a while. however, I'm hoping thats the case but even when I clicked no I opened the Skype app again to see what would happen and the message deleted. it seems like someone was remotely controlling my phone but if that were the case it wouldn't have been just Skype... its like when I open the Skype app that stuff happened.

have a 6

I feel like if it was only with the Skype app it may just be a closed incident with such a crappily optimized app. (PS. I hate skype) But see if your phone keeps on giving you trouble, and if it does possibly update the firmware? Or just do a clean install. :) 

6 minutes ago, TheWind said:

It could be that someone hacked your skype account and was using it from a different location so it weirded out on you.

This here makes sense and every since I changed my skype pass nothing strange has happened.

Edited by dragonite3000