Can you actually turn a good profit botting?

d0nk3yk0ng12

20 minutes ago, Fredward said:

If you want, I can help you out... I'm running 1 single account couple hours daily and profitting easily 5m+ 07 DAILY :D 

Hit me up if u got any questions, might also give u a very good tip :)) 

will do right now! :o

Edited by d0nk3yk0ng12

There's people making $50k+ a year from botting or just Runescape in general.

I've spoke to people with business degrees, CS degrees and even people  already being in a high paying job which made Runescape their job. If you know how the market works and you have particular skills or just a good deal of motivation, you'll easily be able to make a more than livable wage.

It's a highly competitive market and anyone who's giving out information for cheap or even for free is most likely not knowledgeable/isn't making remotely close to what they claim, anyone with information on the magic sauce would know how much it actually is.

• Like 2

I don't make "very good money" but I make enough to make my car payment, which was my original goal. I am thinking about adding a second server to double it.

You have to play to your strengths and it helps if you are able to pick up new skills quickly.

I don't program well, but I learned enough to write my own scripts. I do have a background in IT so automating other things came easy to me and I found ways to save on costs. I have free proxies, made my own account creator ("real" programmers would laugh if they saw it in action but it works reliably), write my own scripts which includes auto muling, etc...

That being said, it has taken a long time to get here and if I calculated the $per hour spent it would be laughable amount. But I enjoy it, the challenge is fun, and I am learning stuff every day. So it's worth it. And like I said, making my car payment each month isn't too shabby.

On top of that my kid plays, he likes getting a few million gp every day from his old man.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sudoinit6 said:

I don't make "very good money" but I make enough to make my car payment, which was my original goal. I am thinking about adding a second server to double it.

You have to play to your strengths and it helps if you are able to pick up new skills quickly.

I don't program well, but I learned enough to write my own scripts. I do have a background in IT so automating other things came easy to me and I found ways to save on costs. I have free proxies, made my own account creator ("real" programmers would laugh if they saw it in action but it works reliably), write my own scripts which includes auto muling, etc...

That being said, it has taken a long time to get here and if I calculated the $per hour spent it would be laughable amount. But I enjoy it, the challenge is fun, and I am learning stuff every day. So it's worth it. And like I said, making my car payment each month isn't too shabby.

On top of that my kid plays, he likes getting a few million gp every day from his old man.

Hi dad 

The journey is the best part.

I imagine that it's the same for a number of people here, after so many years and so much playtime, you know too much about the game to not make money off it. I just ran into an old post-grad colleague and he asked if I got a job yet. I said I never wanted a job, been botting runescape the last 6-7 years. His reply:

"Fuck I've been doing it wrong this whole time, need to re-evaluate my life"

I just love spawning magical internet money, turns into a fun hobby that doubles as an income. Keep at it young buck.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 4:36 PM, Alek said:

All true statements, if you really need money you're better off getting a minimum wage job. If you know programming very well, then you can save on some costs. If you don't know any programming, you're very likely to lose out.

Fuck a minimum waGe job

On 9/26/2017 at 9:23 PM, THS said:

The journey is the best part.

I imagine that it's the same for a number of people here, after so many years and so much playtime, you know too much about the game to not make money off it. I just ran into an old post-grad colleague and he asked if I got a job yet. I said I never wanted a job, been botting runescape the last 6-7 years. His reply:

"Fuck I've been doing it wrong this whole time, need to re-evaluate my life"

I just love spawning magical internet money, turns into a fun hobby that doubles as an income. Keep at it young buck.

This is the motivation i needed. 

• Like 1