Open Source Tutorial Island Script

Explv

This was the first script I created for OSBot, I have seen many people make / try to make this script, so I figured why not open source mine so that people could learn from it, or use it

Source: https://github.com/Explv/Tutorial-Island

Jar File: https://github.com/Explv/Tutorial-Island/releases

Edited by Explv
  • Like 22
  • Heart 1

• Explv changed the title to Open Source Tutorial Island Script

Wow this is pure gold!! Now i start to understand the OOP your talking about, aswell as why u don't use task based scripts, you just make sure your OOP is super clean instead! Laying in bed on mobile but gonna spend entire day tomorrow going through it more thoroughly :D nice to se the exchangeContext used in a proper script, guess i should be placing my initializing of it in the onStart aswell. I do have a few questions though from spending 20ish mins reading this code, 

1) How much programming experience did you have previously to coding this?

2) You said that you'd want to clean some things up if you had the time, so if you were to rewrite this script today what would be your bigest changes and why? 

Anyways thx for release, it really is super nice to have this kind of code available to learn from! :D

41 minutes ago, slazter said:

Wow this is pure gold!! Now i start to understand the OOP your talking about, aswell as why u don't use task based scripts, you just make sure your OOP is super clean instead! Laying in bed on mobile but gonna spend entire day tomorrow going through it more thoroughly :D nice to se the exchangeContext used in a proper script, guess i should be placing my initializing of it in the onStart aswell. I do have a few questions though from spending 20ish mins reading this code, 

1) How much programming experience did you have previously to coding this?

2) You said that you'd want to clean some things up if you had the time, so if you were to rewrite this script today what would be your bigest changes and why? 

Anyways thx for release, it really is super nice to have this kind of code available to learn from! :D

A lot of the exact same OOP is used in a well written 'task' framework.

On 7/27/2017 at 9:10 PM, HeyImJamie said:

Now I finally see what you mean by use onLoop :boge: Nice. You know tutorial island has a finished config tho?

It's the same as using a task/modular system which allows a task to also contain tasks (which any good 'task' framework should), just a different implementation of the same logic.

Nevertheless, valuable contribution as always.

Edited by Final
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My god, a script which is actually written in an OOP style!
Good to see something this clean!
I would love to see a follow-up to your previous "scripting tutorial" which covers things such as "exchangeContext" (gold, by the way - I have been looking for how to do this all evening).

Quick question @Explv :

- Can you tell me more about configs? I had a dig and found the debug option to display them, but it only tells you limited information. e.g. "1002: 0". 
Do you have some way of looking up config options to what the config "actually" represents, or was it just a case of doing tutorial island with the debugger and, and working it out?

-Rob

1 minute ago, thatguycalledrob said:

My god, a script which is actually written in an OOP style!
Good to see something this clean!
I would love to see a follow-up to your previous "scripting tutorial" which covers things such as "exchangeContext" (gold, by the way - I have been looking for how to do this all evening).

Quick question @Explv :

- Can you tell me more about configs? I had a dig and found the debug option to display them, but it only tells you limited information. e.g. "1002: 0". 
Do you have some way of looking up config options to what the config "actually" represents, or was it just a case of doing tutorial island with the debugger and, and working it out?

-Rob

It's just a case of doing tutorial island and watching the debugger to see when the config values change