Cancelled unauthorized Chargeback

Odysseus

You're telling me that someone was desperate enough to log onto your PayPal, see that you didn't have enough money worth taking, so they decided to chargeback items which you recently purchased, which opens up a chargeback claim that takes approximately 1-2 weeks to fully process, all to steal about $20 (if he won the claim), and the hacker didn't trigger any of the many PayPal protections; but you caught it within 10 minutes. 

Just making sure we're getting the story straight here.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Alek said:

You're telling me that someone was desperate enough to log onto your PayPal, see that you didn't have enough money worth taking, so they decided to chargeback items which you recently purchased, which opens up a chargeback claim that takes approximately 1-2 weeks to fully process, all to steal about $20 (if he won the claim), and the hacker didn't trigger any of the many PayPal protections; but you caught it within 10 minutes. 

Yeah if their motive was to fuck someone over :gnome: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alek said:

I know the "hacker" in real life. He just chargebacked to get me banned for this specific reason. He didn't care about taking the money, just messing with me. 

17 hours ago, Maldesto said:

When you attempt to scam osbot, you lose rights to what you tried to steal.

As alek said, lying is definitely gonna get us to forget the whole thing happened...

I'd like you to acknowledge that I did not attempt to scam osbot. The person who did the chargeback knew what was going to happen, I mention the rest in Aleks reply. However, I understand if I don't get the script back, sunk cost. @Maldesto

Edited by Odysseus

Hopefully my input is not unwarranted here, but I've had PayPal open chargebacks on my behalf without my authorization. While it's not the same, weird situations do happen. Ultimately if the chargebacks have all been cancelled by his own hand, nothing has been lost has it?

Edited by Zapako
  • Like 1