APA Rune Sudoku

Apaec

33 minutes ago, Apaec said:

Woah, well spotted, thanks for this. Of all runes, death and air runes have the closest thresholds, I am not sure why they're being confused though. I will take a look- cheers!

Theres another mistake on the puzzle as well, I boxed them both in red

d8hto4f.png

Edited by Failed4life
  • Like 1

Progress update 13-05-2017

Since I haven't posted anything here for a couple of days now, I thought i'd post an update on what i've been doing on the script. While I originally planned to send in an SDN upload request earlier this week, I decided against it as there were a couple of things that I was not too happy about. Firstly, the half second pause between opening the sudoku and generating a solution was not ideal for me. While it wasn't too bad, it was something that, given some tweaks, could be minimised. To go about adjusting this, I had to determine the cause of the delay, which I believed to be having custom pixel rgb data for each rune. While this is a working and reliable solution, it means each cell has to be - in the worst case - scanned up to 10 times. Not ideal! Instead, to solve this, I decided to once again check for grey, but this time set the threshold wide enough to encompass the entire rune background. This allowed me to determine runes based on the space their logo takes up on the base of the rune.

There are, however, a few issues with this approach which is why I did not initially explore it at the start. Firstly, the whole tile has to be analysed before a decision can be made as to what rune it is. Secondly, the '1' showing that the rune is editable overlaps slightly with the rune, meaning editable runes have slightly different thresholds to default ones. Finally, the death and air thresholds are only 1 pixel apart!

HOKLXji.png (Editable runes are the top row, provided runes bottom row)

That being said, it had some obvious advantages: Firstly, tiles only had to be scanned twice (once to determine if editable (this was being done anyway), second time to determine the rune). Secondly, the colour reader could potentially work on multiple/all brightness settings. Finally, the runes did not have to be in a hierarchy as they all share the same base colour.

The second thing that I wanted to do was cut out the middle step of converting runes to numbers and numbers back to runes (this happened while generating a solution for the permutation of runes). While this was a valid approach which wasn't very time consuming, it was simply untidy, unnecessary and very avoidable. To solve this issue, I made the sudoku board data structure generic (which I should have done from the start) provided the type it is given is comparable. Since the rune data is stored in an enum, this worked out nicely as I did not need to write my own compareTo method. This also means the sudoku viewer can now display the rune values instead of arbitrary numbers:

tRg4F1e.png

I have currently implemented most of these improvements and am working on further changes + stress testing. Hopefully should be ready to submit a working version within the next few days!

-Apa

Edited by Apaec
  • Like 3

Progress update 2 (13-05-2017)

Just thought I would drop in a second part to the progress update for today. I've finished implementing all of the above, so the solver is much more efficient at reading the board. Additionally, I've modified the UI a little to cater for some debug options:

F4CcI4y.gif

I feel at the stage where the script is complete, and ready for release! I've completed many many many sudokus with the script and I have to say it was great fun writing it.

Here's the final solving logic with the same settings as the ui above:

KbIVgIU.gif

-Apa

Edited by Apaec
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Apaec said:

SDN release application sent in!

I have also updated the main thread to contain all the development progress reports that I posted as replies, as well as adding screenshots, a list of features and all the requirements you would need to run this script on an account.

-Apa

hey Apa,would it be possible to add a feature when the bot solves 1 puzzle it would hop to a random world?the bots that that does the same methode always hop after like 30-45 seconds.

edit:how does this script handle breaks,would it just close the puzzle/shop when breaks are activated?

Edited by Gleets

12 minutes ago, Gleets said:

hey Apa,would it be possible to add a feature when the bot solves 1 puzzle it would hop to a random world?the bots that that does the same methode always hop after like 30-45 seconds.

edit:how does this script handle breaks,would it just close the puzzle/shop when breaks are activated?

Heya (:

When solving sudokus, there is actually no need to hop worlds as the discount rune stock is personal to you. There are other bots interacting with Ali Morrisane, however I believe these bots are trading with his standard rune store which is completely unrelated (hence they hop)!

As for your question about breaks, you can still access the logout tab while the sudoku is open, so the OSBot break manager will still be able to log out as usual.

Cheers

-Apa

what is the profit per hour now roughly? i bet its closer to 500k per hr due to cosmics and death runes being so high

On 5/14/2017 at 11:01 AM, Apaec said:

SDN release application sent in!

I have also updated the main thread to contain all the development progress reports that I posted as replies, as well as adding screenshots, a list of features and all the requirements you would need to run this script on an account.

-Apa

53 minutes ago, M1tch said:

what is the profit per hour now roughly? i bet its closer to 500k per hr due to cosmics and death runes being so high

I'm looking at about 440K gp/h on a test run that i'm currently doing. It seems cosmics took a 10 gp drop overnight, not sure why, most likely a market dump. Either way, i'm sure they will slide themselves back up there soon! The profit margin on them is still insane.

Cheers