APA Rune Sudoku

Apaec

5 minutes ago, k9thebeast said:

ETA?

The script is mostly finished, and I am currently running a series of quality assurance tests to make sure everything is flawless on launch. I will be putting together an upload request tomorrow - i'm not sure how long this will take to process (it may be quite a while as the developers have a very busy schedule). Hopefully soon! 

2 minutes ago, RetroBot said:

How much GP/hr does this use on the slowest and fastest mode?

I have mostly tested the fastest mode, where I am making about 450k gp/h based on the current OSBuddy exchange rune prices. This is solving about 60 puzzles per hour (1 per minute) - I'm buying Cosmic, Death and Nature runes. I haven't tested the slower modes very thoroughly, however you can expect about 40-45 solves per hour. Bare in mind that the speed selection is a continuous slider, so you can customise the speed to your liking! Beyond a certain threshold, the interactions become conditional (i.e if it fails it will retry) however this is disabled for faster speeds so that it can place more than one rune per tick.

-Apa

9 minutes ago, Apaec said:

The script is mostly finished, and I am currently running a series of quality assurance tests to make sure everything is flawless on launch. I will be putting together an upload request tomorrow - i'm not sure how long this will take to process (it may be quite a while as the developers have a very busy schedule). Hopefully soon! 

I have mostly tested the fastest mode, where I am making about 450k gp/h based on the current OSBuddy exchange rune prices. This is solving about 60 puzzles per hour (1 per minute) - I'm buying Cosmic, Death and Nature runes. I haven't tested the slower modes very thoroughly, however you can expect about 40-45 solves per hour. Bare in mind that the speed selection is a continuous slider, so you can customise the speed to your liking! Beyond a certain threshold, the interactions become conditional (i.e if it fails it will retry) however this is disabled for faster speeds so that it can place more than one rune per tick.

-Apa

Sorry, I should have been more clear. How much money does this spend per hour after successfully completing a puzzle?

5 hours ago, RetroBot said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. How much money does this spend per hour after successfully completing a puzzle?

Just got back in - In answer to your question, I added a tracker for this in the paint to test it. From running for just over 7 minutes, I ended up spending just short of 85K. This averages out to around 700k per hour since I got pretty unlucky with the runes for these particular solves. I also profited 50K in these 7 minutes and averaged about 10k profit per solve(you can normally expect an average of about 12 to 14, this was not the most rewarding spree!).

phtWM0p.png

Cheers

Apa

This is interesting...

So the script found a solution to one of osrs rune sudoku puzzles. However the game didn't recognise it as a solution... 

iF6aa2i.png

Now i'm going to have to add a check for if the puzzle is valid and solved but jagex don't recognise the solution! (unless i'm missing something here?)

----------------------------

On a separate note, the script is in the final stages of testing and I am preparing to submit an upload request. Here's a screenshot of 10 solves in 10 minutes:

mGGDrQW.png

530k gp/h! :)

-Apa

Edited by Apaec
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, lfcandy said:

Very cool bot and i interested in the maths behind it, but from a osrs point of view don't these bot get banned pretty quick from what i remember

Heya,

As I mentioned previously, it would depend on how fast you choose to solve it I suppose. I personally have not had a ban while writing/testing this script and that means having solved at least 500 puzzles using it. I think the randomised order in which this script can solve it also helps, as well as the customisable solving speed. Nevertheless, it is by nature a high risk high reward activity!

6 hours ago, Apaec said:

This is interesting...

So the script found a solution to one of osrs rune sudoku puzzles. However the game didn't recognise it as a solution... 

iF6aa2i.png

Now i'm going to have to add a check for if the puzzle is valid and solved but jagex don't recognise the solution! (unless i'm missing something here?)

the air rune on the left bottom one should be a death rune :)

1 hour ago, Gleets said:

the air rune on the left bottom one should be a death rune :)

Woah, well spotted, thanks for this. Of all runes, death and air runes have the closest thresholds, I am not sure why they're being confused though. I will take a look- cheers!

Edit: after doing some digging, it seems like the issue was me stupidly using a hashset to count repeating objects rather than a list... thanks again !

Edited by Apaec