Less bans lately?

towelman

Damn, restarting my farm in a week :D Hope this continues. But to the subject - bots are vital to this game. They do keep the prices low and make buyables affordable + they goldsink money (shoppers, plankers). If Jagex do make a drastic action and somehow manage to stop botting - the economy will die.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 10:38 PM, MalteseFalcon said:

There's no mercy for f2p botters :/

yeah, have one account that is like 1/2 play time botting that's been members since day 1 and is going just swell, But then I made another on a different  Machine and IP and it was banned the Monday after I made it even though I literally just botted 5 minutes to get some feathers on my way to the GE where it sat after I logged off. 

On 4/19/2017 at 1:08 AM, The Undefeated said:

I've watched the Runescape documentary, goldfarming was a subject ofcourse. They thought they solved the goldfarming  "problem"by implementing bonds. No idea why they think that lol. 

Well of course they are going to say that. They want to put on a good face for potential players. They also said that most people quit because of botters, not because of the lack of pvp and free trade. and that the reason it looked like there was no one playing anymore was because there were less bots. bots were like 20% tops the average player base. they lost over 50% playerbase overnight... Trying to understate their mistake was clearly part of what they were doing there.