Fix the Dispute System!

Seraphic

1 hour ago, Solution said:

And I completely understand, but the people getting scammed by a person that is currently in a dispute and holding the TWC rank would've gotten scammed by the DNT rank simply because they fail to look up the person they're trading - if they had surely the ongoing dispute in combination with the TWC would've told them to back out of the trade. Again - I'm not against the idea, I'm just saying that it won't reduce the scams by people in a dispute which would mean a total throwaway of time spent into creating that rank, pip and any possible work a rank like this would bring

Did you read the post?

No i normally dont read the posts. I just come in here and type meaningless shit.

Yeah i read the post.  ... Did you?> look at his suggestion below. I was agreeing with it. 

7 hours ago, Joey Byte said:

My suggestion is to add a Do Not Trade rank

2 hours ago, Joey Byte said:

You mean DNT.

Uhhh... well as stated above its not always true. But a Trade With Caution cant go wrong. Im assuming DNT means Do Not Trade. 

8 minutes ago, Rohm said:

No i normally dont read the posts. I just come in here and type meaningless shit.

Yeah i read the post.  ... Did you?> look at his suggestion below. I was agreeing with it. 

Uhhh... well as stated above its not always true. But a Trade With Caution cant go wrong. Im assuming DNT means Do Not Trade. 

In that case I'll restate;  It's been mentioned multiple times that Trade with Caution is already in place ;) I'm not trying to call you out, just trying to figure out wether or not you're actually spouting shit on a thread that holds a generally important discussion, or if you're just a little confused with the ranks that are already there and what this suggestion would change/do. Knowing this, I'd guess the latter. No worries. :) 

1 hour ago, Solution said:

And I completely understand, but the people getting scammed by a person that is currently in a dispute and holding the TWC rank would've gotten scammed by the DNT rank simply because they fail to look up the person they're trading - if they had surely the ongoing dispute in combination with the TWC would've told them to back out of the trade. Again - I'm not against the idea, I'm just saying that it won't reduce the scams by people in a dispute which would mean a total throwaway of time spent into creating that rank, pip and any possible work a rank like this would bring

Did you read the post?

What do you mean? How would a user with a TWC rank get scammed by a person with a DNT rank. DNT = DO NOT TRADE. They would have NO ACCESS to the market place. That makes no sense of what you've just said because a TWC user CAN'T get scammed by a DNT user due to the fact a DNT user WOULD NOT HAVE MARKETPLACE ACCESS OR PM PRIVILEGES!

1 minute ago, Joey Byte said:

What do you mean? How would a user with a TWC rank get scammed by a person with a DNT rank. DNT = DO NOT TRADE. They would have NO ACCESS to the market place. That makes no sense of what you've just said because a TWC user CAN'T get scammed by a DNT user due to the fact a DNT user WOULD NOT HAVE MARKETPLACE ACCESS OR PM PRIVILEGES!

I might've been unclear in my wording. I didn't mean that a TWC rank would be a scam victim. I was implying that someone that is a victim of a scam done by TWC (thus, the person holding the TWC is the scammer) would get scammed just the same by someone holding the DNT rank.

1 hour ago, IamBot said:

I like Juggle's idea of 2 rank system. That would be nice placing Disputed members under DNT and Previously disputed members who refunded under TWC. 

Lets see what happens

Initially thats what I was hoping to achieve.

2 minutes ago, Solution said:

I might've been unclear in my wording. I didn't mean that a TWC rank would be a scam victim. I was implying that someone that is a victim of a scam done by TWC would get scammed just the same by someone holding the DNT rank.

Not true because the user with the DNT would not have any access to any form of trading. As with the current TWC rank, they are able to post in the account section and what not. With a DNT they'd only have access to important areas i.e. General discussion and no PM privileges/marketplace privileges. This would prevent them even scamming. If the user can't access any trading area's no scams would go on. The majority of end users are smart enough to get proof of people's OSBot accounts so I highly doubt this would be an issue.

22 minutes ago, Joey Byte said:

Initially thats what I was hoping to achieve.

Not true because the user with the DNT would not have any access to any form of trading. As with the current TWC rank, they are able to post in the account section and what not. With a DNT they'd only have access to important areas i.e. General discussion and no PM privileges/marketplace privileges. This would prevent them even scamming. If the user can't access any trading area's no scams would go on. The majority of end users are smart enough to get proof of people's OSBot accounts so I highly doubt this would be an issue.

And I wish this were true, but TWC already has a market restriction in all sections except gold and we're still seeing scams :P Scams still happen when people don't post on market topics, they'll just conversate the trade over something like skype. As it stands, they can (I believe) still use PM and whatnot, so that's something I'd be willing to look at removing with the DNT rank.

I've forwarded the idea of DNT with full restrictions (i.e. no pms, no chatbox and no forum permissions outside of the dispute section) and it seems to be received well, so it's certainly not the end of it! 

11 hours ago, Solution said:

And I wish this were true, but TWC already has a market restriction in all sections except gold and we're still seeing scams :P Scams still happen when people don't post on market topics, they'll just conversate the trade over something like skype. As it stands, they can (I believe) still use PM and whatnot, so that's something I'd be willing to look at removing with the DNT rank.

I've forwarded the idea of DNT with full restrictions (i.e. no pms, no chatbox and no forum permissions outside of the dispute section) and it seems to be received well, so it's certainly not the end of it! 

DNT should be a rank in which users who scam receive. May I also add that users with this rank will be able to contact a mod/admin and can also negotiate a payment plan. For example if Mio was to scam me then he would be given your skype and he could work out a payment plan i.e 2m a month for 3 months if this was a 6M scam. This would allow him to drop his DNT rank for a TWC and possibly a temp ban. May I also add that when a user is banned they get the word "Banned User" on the top of their profile. For temporary banned users could we possibly replace that with "Temporarily banned" just so users can see who is really perm banned and who is just temp banned.

33 minutes ago, Joey Byte said:

DNT should be a rank in which users who scam receive. May I also add that users with this rank will be able to contact a mod/admin and can also negotiate a payment plan. For example if Mio was to scam me then he would be given your skype and he could work out a payment plan i.e 2m a month for 3 months if this was a 6M scam. This would allow him to drop his DNT rank for a TWC and possibly a temp ban. May I also add that when a user is banned they get the word "Banned User" on the top of their profile. For temporary banned users could we possibly replace that with "Temporarily banned" just so users can see who is really perm banned and who is just temp banned.

You mean this:
1c4e9d9b12.png
? I don't see why you'd want to distinguish between temp and perm banned, considering in either case you shouldn't interact with them anyways :P
Which we already have. And Yes, that was the idea; people that are in a dispute that normally would've gotten TWC would now get DNT, and the entire payment plan is also something we already pretty much do.

5 minutes ago, Solution said:

You mean this:
1c4e9d9b12.png
? I don't see why you'd want to distinguish between temp and perm banned, considering in either case you shouldn't interact with them anyways :P
Which we already have. And Yes, that was the idea; people that are in a dispute that normally would've gotten TWC would now get DNT, and the entire payment plan is also something we already pretty much do.

Yeah I do mean like that. I understand that you shouldn't interact with users in each circumstance however I feel it would help because it would allow users to distinguish between users who have committed major offences and who has committed minor offences. What I mean by this is that a user might be temp banned due to an infraction build up however a user with perm bans might have scamquit. It is not meant for users to interact with them but rather to understand the offences they have committed.

As for the payment plan thanks for clearing that up.

12 minutes ago, Joey Byte said:

Yeah I do mean like that. I understand that you shouldn't interact with users in each circumstance however I feel it would help because it would allow users to distinguish between users who have committed major offences and who has committed minor offences. What I mean by this is that a user might be temp banned due to an infraction build up however a user with perm bans might have scamquit. It is not meant for users to interact with them but rather to understand the offences they have committed.

As for the payment plan thanks for clearing that up.

Well that's already there, so that's nice I suppose :P 
And I guess, I still don't know what people could possibly gain from that information, but hey I'm sure it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

definitely agree with @Juggles opinion, my mind was venturing in the same area while i was reading o/p's thoughts. it really is the best method/alternative to current. 

Another Suggestion - I sometimes almost overlook the trade with caution banner, especially if user has vip or sponsor or donor. im so use to always seeing so many bright and vivid banners that the twc is kind of easily missed. even though it is my responsibility to always check. .   so suggestion was bump the twc banner over users profile picture, i also feel like it adds alot more emphasis to the statement aswell. (attention grabbing)

• Like 1