Jagex mod gives away a bit too much about their anticheat

Markus

10 hours ago, Magerange said:

Can't we just get an insider there? I mean, relative of a relative or someone applying for the job and leaking info to OSBot scripters and developers?
Or can we just bribe some neckbeards from Jagex? I think collectively we have enough money to do that.

Maybe I am just used to how things like that are dealt with where I come from :doge:

Probly pull a jacmob and sell us out.

Fuck that khunt

17 hours ago, Solution said:

You the exact same thing mirror-mode does? Really, no, Mirrormode still gets you banned, RID still gets you banned, just like any other client will eventually get you banned ;)

I don't believe they 'miss' any, they just pick a couple from a pile of known bots and ban enough so they still make enough member $ while keeping legits happy that they're still banning shit. There really isn't any reason for them to not know everyone that is botting. It's the same as the bug-abuse community, they usually try to stay connected to them and allow for a few minor things to happen, because it allows to keep an eye on major bugs.

The entire reflection vs. injection debate has been discussed so many times it's honestly not even funny anymore. Mirrormode doesn't use any injection at all, but you're still going to get banned. The system requires as little human input as possible, because it would be an extreme waste of money to have it done manually. 

But, from a coding standpoint, there's no real reason as to why Jagex should be the "winner" is there? The only reason they're one step ahead constantly is because they have a lot of paid professionals sitting and working on Bot busting.. right? Like, a bot with as many employees as Jagex has for botbusting could probably fool them. Like, if we take clients out of the picture, and also player reports, people are still getting banned. So there's room for improvement, right?

I have gathered results on two accounts botting nmz.

One account had 8 hour run time and 1 hour breaks.

The other account was running 24 hours.

Both accounts survived 3 days and in the morning, they were both banned in the morning at around 8:54 AM along with many other botters.

Like someone has said previously, I believe that most of the bans are issued manually.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crime said:

I have gathered results on two accounts botting nmz.

One account had 8 hour run time and 1 hour breaks.

The other account was running 24 hours.

Both accounts survived 3 days and in the morning, they were both banned in the morning at around 8:54 AM along with many other botters.

Like someone has said previously, I believe that most of the bans are issued manually.

Of course the bans are issued manually. But they still have to go over evidence. I just feel like we need to figure out what the evidence is.. Since it's obviously more than just the client and player reports. But in my book all other fronts are covered, so it's hard to tell how they do it. We got the human mouse speed, human clicks, human breaking, human click patterns, human intervals, etc etc etc.. But we're probably still missing a few things no one has thought of.. Who knows..

51 minutes ago, Markus said:

Of course the bans are issued manually. But they still have to go over evidence. I just feel like we need to figure out what the evidence is.. Since it's obviously more than just the client and player reports. But in my book all other fronts are covered, so it's hard to tell how they do it. We got the human mouse speed, human clicks, human breaking, human click patterns, human intervals, etc etc etc.. But we're probably still missing a few things no one has thought of.. Who knows..

-client adjusting to fixed screen everytime there's a log-in

-perfect (consistent) username/password input and speed

-continually log-in attempts if servers are down

-spam clicking if something in the script is broken

-break-times between game-play being precisely constant

-off the charts mouse accuracy (although this is starting to change)

-not using hotkeys (1,2,3,4,...) for when dealing with NPCs

-camera positioning being very patterened

-camera rotation using the slow arrow keys only

-a sudden drop in activity right before starting a long session

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by imeurotrash
  • Like 1

I have a feeling that Jagex goes through all scripts on the most famous botting platforms around and if they somehow manage to get a programm that can filter all the actions identical to the script they can easily ban you...

That would explain why private scripts have a way lower ban rate but yeah thats just my 5 cents. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

I have a feeling that Jagex goes through all scripts on the most famous botting platforms around and if they somehow manage to get a programm that can filter all the actions identical to the script they can easily ban you...

That would explain why private scripts have a way lower ban rate but yeah thats just my 5 cents. ;)

I thought the same thing too tbh because the one advantage they have is they have access to the same information we do including our forums. Makes you think :thinking:.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2017 at 8:02 AM, Romeo said:

This.

On 2/26/2017 at 8:02 AM, Romeo said:

yeah but private scripts will still get you banned... their machine learning AI is just really really good, and the war is man vs machine. ofc machine is gonna win lel

10 hours ago, Vitez said:

yeah but private scripts will still get you banned... their machine learning AI is just really really good, and the war is man vs machine. ofc machine is gonna win lel

How is it man vs machine? It's machine vs machine. Bot vs bot detecting.

They just have better people, and more of them, than all the bot developers.

So they're one step ahead constantly. Maybe if Advertising other bots isn't allowed. and Osbot and RID worked together we'd beat them. But nah.

5 hours ago, Vitez said:

The only proper comment in this entire thread.

True, because yours isn't either. 

On 2/28/2017 at 8:22 AM, Alek said:

This thread is ridiculous, I read the post and the only bit of information he mentions is in reference to packet bots. 

So please tell us how you think about bot detection.

And there could be a Jmod running his own goldfarm and preventing manual bans on his account. 

Edited by The Undefeated