Feedback - suggestion

Mackadizzle

People currently can't post in the market/service section without 40 posts.
Im guessing this is to reduce scam attempts but shouldn't it only be limited to starting a new topic under those sections?
I see alot of guests browsing the market, and if they make an account, they wouldnt even be able to post or request a service.
I think it would be better for business, and better for the site overall, if anyone could post under existing threads. The service providers have the higher risk of scamming, not the people requesting a service

People are saying this will increase scamming but i don't see how... unless somebody went first to a 1 post newcomer, there's no way a scam can take place

It's just like someone walking into a store for the first time, why would they need to be known before they make a purchase?

Edited by Mackadizzle

bad idea, if they scam and get banned , it will take them another minute to make a new account

the amount of posts isn't going to do annything about that, now they can scam, make a new account, post 40 times, scam, repeat. there's really no way for a forum to prevent scams, people with 3k posts can scam-quit too, i've seen it happen and it's a shame, but it happens :(

40 posts isn't even that much if you decide to stick here and not scam.

Doubt your suggestion would get accepted, I am pretty sure it does reduce scamming.

I don't understand, how would a person that requests a service be able to scam? They'd be paying upfront obviously as a newcomer, just to get their service completed. There'd be no possibility of a scam unless it was paypal - 40 post count wont stop that

Im talking about requests such as firecapes, questing, powerleveling, membership... there'd be no disadvantage lol. UNLESS somebody went first to a 1 post newcomer?