Info Regarding Locked Accounts

irwtonrs1

Edit: 2/11/2017 11:32 PM - I'm currently able to bot accounts without them getting locked. A fix is out there, may the odds forever be in your favor

If anyone is currently out of the loop, Jagex has now made it extremely difficult to create accounts by locking just about every single account that is put through tutorial island whether it is handmade or botted. 

I've been doing some testing to figure out what exactly is going. I have not had anyone confirm anything by looking through client code to see if something was added, this is all based of what I'm noticing first hand.

The following will get your account locked after completion of tutorial island:

• Running an account through tut by hand via a proxy. 
  • Running an account through tut by bot via a proxy.
  • Running an account through tut by hand via a VPS.
  • Running an account through tut by bot via a VPS.

The above applies to any game client or web browser

Your account will NOT get locked IF:

• You run it through tut island by hand via your HOME IP

The above applies ONLY if the account you are running through by hand was created within the same country/geographical location. Ex: if someone who lives in the UK registers an osrs account and gives the login info to someone who lives in the US and that person runs the account by hand through his home IP, the account will still get locked. (This was tested a few times)

If you create an account on your Home IP and also bot it on your home IP, by the looks of it, they don't get locked but rather banned.

If you create an account on a VPS and run an account through tut by hand on the same VPS (IP never changes) you will get locked. 

There currently ARE ways to run accounts through tut via a proxy or VPS by hand and NOT get locked. There are certain things I can do to make the account either locked or not locked upon completion. I have not yet implemented the same thing into a script to stop the locks by botting but by hand there is currently a way(s) around it. The detection they are using is most definitely 100% bypassable and it is script sided.

The only "quick fix" as of now would be to create accounts on your home IP and handmake them which unfortunately is not what most people would like to hear. 

If anyone else would like to share info or correct any of the above, feel free to do so.

Edited by irwtonrs1
  • Like 5

I have not found this to be certain, I have botted tutorial island using socks proxy in browser and same proxies to bot tutorial and have 10+ p2p ac'sc still going 7 days later, And note I created some accounts on tor browser the day before the one's mentioned and had them "locked" so its not because I missed an update.

Pretty bold for Jagex to lock accounts just because they were created on a VPS or Proxy.
I haven't  seen any discussion about this on botting forums, looks like the people above are doing ok also. 

When using a proxy, make 100% sure you are both creating and botting your account on the same IP address and you should be fine.
Typically locks occur due to IP address jumping a large distance on a new account.

16 minutes ago, YoHoJo said:

Pretty bold for Jagex to lock accounts just because they were created on a VPS or Proxy.
I haven't  seen any discussion about this on botting forums, looks like the people above are doing ok also. 

When using a proxy, make 100% sure you are both creating and botting your account on the same IP address and you should be fine.
Typically locks occur due to IP address jumping a large distance on a new account.

I create all my accounts on the the socks5 proxy they are botted on, still getting locks. 

Just now, irwtonrs1 said:

Which parts.

This one,

2 hours ago, irwtonrs1 said:

ollowing will get your account locked after completion of tutorial island:

• Running an account through tut by hand via a proxy. 
  • Running an account through tut by bot via a proxy.
  • Running an account through tut by hand via a VPS.
  • Running an account through tut by bot via a VPS.

1 minute ago, jackshow said:

This one,

Really? Because I can currently load up a client through a proxy, run it through by hand and it will be locked after I log out. I can then run another account through the same client loaded under the same proxy again by hand but this time do it a certain way and the account will not get locked. Same thing goes if I were to do it on a VPS.

And as for botting having not changed anything to the script since this all started they will just get locked after completion. 

I'd love to discuss this with you but you're most likely too suborn to admit this is affecting you also and will just say the info I'm stating is false. 

7 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

Really? Because I can currently load up a client through a proxy, run it through by hand and it will be locked after I log out. I can then run another account through the same client loaded under the same proxy again by hand but this time do it a certain way and the account will not get locked. Same thing goes if I were to do it on a VPS.

And as for botting having not changed anything to the script since this all started they will just get locked after completion. 

I'd love to discuss this with you but you're most likely too suborn to admit this is affecting you also and will just say the info I'm stating is false. 

This isnt affecting me, because I fixed it back in October. I know why it happens, and what you said is not why it happens.

7 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

I think this is just a more local problem you're having granting, I have seen this as i mentioned I had 20+ acc's locked. I just wouldn't speak for the entire community when stating what is and isn't possible for them and with there set ups. I would also like to remind of this answer from jagex FAQ on bans. " We also apply bans at varying dates and times so we don't tip off developers of cheating tools to 'learn' what has triggered any ban.  " In other words a ban/lock time and date is or could be totally random and untraceable to any specific cause.

6 minutes ago, jackshow said:

This isnt affecting me, because I fixed it back in October. I know why it happens, and what you said is not why it happens.

Well first of all, even if this was the case, you didn't fix anything. Your dev did.

Second of all, I'm sure an intelligent individual such as yourself could understand why it's very hard to believe someone who constantly lies and exaggerates about the things they do and the amount of money they really make off RS. "Yeah I don't get bans but I also only make 300m/day" 

Not once in the 4 years that osrs has been out have I seen multiple people from different bot communities all of a sudden start getting mass locked accounts from tutorial island. What you're saying makes it seem like Jagex added some sleeper cell antiban last year which is just now becoming active.

• Like 5

• Mio locked this topic