account locked

askyman

13 minutes ago, Satire said:

Yea possibly. But It still uses an injection/reflection/technique that reads data through a client. One thing i'm assuming is that the server sends a special token to the client and if the client doesn't respond with the correct answer, it locks your account randomly near the end of tut island or randomly after. 

but did someone tried it out yet?

34 minutes ago, Satire said:

Seems like the accs that are ran through tut island are monitored carefully for a certain amount of time. After that time, it stops monitoring your account if you "pass" the test.  They're detecting the client somehow and soon I think they'll role this out for it to constantly monitor all accounts. I'm assuming that their servers aren't good enough to handle all this monitoring so they do it for a certain amount of time. Maybe they're upgrading their servers to allow them to constantly monitor every account. Because they haven't told anyone they updated their system, nobody can confirm what's happening. 

If you were to make an accounts and finish tut island via Osbuddy or rs client, then logged it out for 24 hrs, it shouldn't ban you. I'm testing it now and if this works, then this will be the end of bots (temporarily) soon when they roll this out. 

Yolo lol

Thanks for the info I was wondering why sometimes I can get a random account to last weeks and if not months with crazy botting styles and it stays alive; From what you just said makes sense; as only the mules are alive and now I am botting them they are staying alive with crazy botting times.

7 hours ago, sp3cpk said:

So i got my accounts back... after they got locked I clicked forgot password on the client and it would take me to a recovery page. Next I filled in the first password and other information and they unlocked my account. However, it took them 4-5 hours.

4-5 hours!? thats so not worth doing.

1 hour ago, Abuse said:

I tried mirror mode, same thing. I did try the runescape client manually and I didn't get banned, but I was too tired to continue testing to get any solid data

RIP F2P farming bois

I was just about to get started botting f2p :feels:

I've been testing stuff for the past few hours regarding this. 

It would seem that Jagex has beefed up their detection on tutorial island by a lot, far too much actually as I am able to get accounts both locked and not locked depending on what I do. As far as I'm concerned, the IP you play on and the IP the account was created on does NOT matter at all. This is solely behavior based. So if your accounts are getting locked, you'll need to change up the way your script works. If you're using a public tutorial island script and this is happening to you, you're probably best off finding someone to make you a private one.

For anyone wondering, the last two accounts I made before typing this were: hand made, played on the same IP and through the osbot client. I ran them through tutorial island 1 at a time, with about a 2 minute time difference from logging into the 2nd one after logging off the first. The first account was NOT locked but the second account was locked and there's a reason for this because I had done something different on the first account. This of course was just one sample but there were two other accounts that I was able to not get locked a few hours prior which I had done similar things to. I will test a few more accounts later and come back and edit this to confirm with more certainty as I don't feel like doing more tut accounts right now. 

Again, for the paranoid people who think their IP's are flagged, its not the reason.

EDIT: I have done some more testing along with the help of @Chris and my cousin. I'm pretty sure what Jagex is doing is locking any accounts that are put through tutorial island via a proxy or VPS. I had my cousin run two accounts by hand on his laptop, one through osbuddy and one through firefox. He dorms at college so it was through his colleges wifi. Both of the accounts were created successfully. @Chris did the same thing. He ran one account by hand on his home PC through his home IP on the osbot client. The account was NOT locked. He then did the same thing except this time ran osbot through one of his proxies and the account was locked after completing tutorial island. I also did the same thing, ran an account through by hand on osbot via a proxy and the account was locked. 

This would explain why we're not seeing a bunch of posts on reddit about people saying they made a new account and it getting locked. Your average rule abiding runescape player isn't creating their new PK account on a VPS or through a proxy. 

For those wondering, you CAN bypass this. I can run an account by hand through a proxy or on a VPS and still not get locked. The detection they're using is behavioral so like I said above, you're going to have to change up the way your script works. I'm not going to tell anyone exactly what to do but just know it is obviously possible. I will edit this again when I have successfully implemented what I'm doing by hand into a script and will let yall know when I can successfully run bots through tut. If anyone has any useful info to add on or to disprove what I'm saying, feel free to say it.

Edited by irwtonrs1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, irwtonrs1 said:

I've been testing stuff for the past few hours regarding this. 

It would seem that Jagex has beefed up their detection on tutorial island by a lot, far too much actually as I am able to get accounts both locked and not locked depending on what I do. As far as I'm concerned, the IP you play on and the IP the account was created on does NOT matter at all. This is solely behavior based. So if your accounts are getting locked, you'll need to change up the way your script works. If you're using a public tutorial island script and this is happening to you, you're probably best off finding someone to make you a private one.

For anyone wondering, the last two accounts I made before typing this were: hand made, played on the same IP and through the osbot client. I ran them through tutorial island 1 at a time, with about a 2 minute time difference from logging into the 2nd one after logging off the first. The first account was NOT locked but the second account was locked and there's a reason for this because I had done something different on the first account. This of course was just one sample but there were two other accounts that I was able to not get locked a few hours prior which I had done similar things to. I will test a few more accounts later and come back and edit this to confirm with more certainty as I don't feel like doing more tut accounts right now. 

Again, for the paranoid people who think their IP's are flagged, its not the reason.

EDIT: I have done some more testing along with the help of @Chris and my cousin. I'm pretty sure what Jagex is doing is locking any accounts that are put through tutorial island via a proxy or VPS. I had my cousin run two accounts by hand on his laptop, one through osbuddy and one through firefox. He dorms at college so it was through his colleges wifi. Both of the accounts were created successfully. @Chris did the same thing. He ran one account by hand on his home PC through his home IP on the osbot client. The account was NOT locked. He then did the same thing except this time ran osbot through one of his proxies and the account was locked after completing tutorial island. I also did the same thing, ran an account through by hand on osbot via a proxy and the account was locked. 

This would explain why we're not seeing a bunch of posts on reddit about people saying they made a new account and it getting locked. Your average rule abiding runescape player isn't creating their new PK account on a VPS or through a proxy. 

For those wondering, you CAN bypass this. I can run an account by hand through a proxy or on a VPS and still not get locked. The detection they're using is behavioral so like I said above, you're going to have to change up the way your script works. I'm not going to tell anyone exactly what to do but just know it is obviously possible. I will edit this again when I have successfully implemented what I'm doing by hand into a script and will let yall know when I can successfully run bots through tut. If anyone has any useful info to add on or to disprove what I'm saying, feel free to say it.

im fairly certain you are correct, ran it by hand through successfully no vps or proxy.  then botted with proxy on same account only two hours later that night. and boom locked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billabones123 said:

im fairly certain you are correct, ran it by hand through successfully no vps or proxy.  then botted with proxy on same account only two hours later that night. and boom locked.

Load up 2 clients right now, one on your home IP and one via a proxy and run 2 accounts through tut by hand one at a time, log out and then try logging back in. Chances are the account that played on the proxy is going to be locked and the other one is fine. 

Edited by irwtonrs1
  • Like 1

Just now, irwtonrs1 said:

Load up 2 clients right now, one on your home IP and one via a proxy and run them through tut by hand one at a time, log out and then try logging back in. Chances are the account that played on the proxy is going to be locked and the other one is fine. 

this is also true i made 26 accounts. 25 on proxies...and the 26th one on home ip.... guess which one i still have?   the home ip.

I think after reading through all of these posts it seems to me like the most corrolation from bans comes from mass accounts being made on 1 ip AND accounts being made through proxies/vpns. Personally, I'm going to be doing tutorial island by hand for the next few days for any accounts I really don't want banned.

5 minutes ago, TheWind said:

I think after reading through all of these posts it seems to me like the most corrolation from bans comes from mass accounts being made on 1 ip AND accounts being made through proxies/vpns. Personally, I'm going to be doing tutorial island by hand for the next few days for any accounts I really don't want banned.

Do them by hand via a proxy or on a VPS and they're still going to get locked once you get off tutorial island