Protests

ThatIrishSOB

i've gone on 4chan lol. you're not helping your case by posting from there. i'm not seeing how that in any way responds to what i was saying.

It's not who spoke the message that matters, it's the message.

The USA is the United States of America.

Let me blow that up for you:

UNITED STATES

California doesn't get to decide which direction the country goes in just because they're massively populated. America isn't a fucking Democracy you tit.

If California could set the tone, then the other states are either bitches to California, or they secede to avoid being bitches of California.

If California could set the tone, politicians would disregard the other states because their voices are just too quiet.

Edited by liverare

Well aren't you a tolerant liberal.

I would rather have >1% of the population's will ignored than 50%, which could potentially happen without the electoral college.

You're saying 50% > 51% because your party won l0l even though your own candidate said it was bullshit in 2012. Please stop trying.

You're saying 50% > 51% because your party won l0l even though your own candidate said it was bullshit in 2012. Please stop trying.

I didn't complain about the electoral college when Obama won m8, neither did you. If you wanna complain about it, the time is before the election, not after. If Hillary had won, you would have had nothing to say. That's the bottom line. The ultimate irony is the party with superdelegates complaining about the electoral college.

It's not who spoke the message that matters, it's the message.

The USA is the United States of America.

Let me blow that up for you:

UNITED STATES

California doesn't get to decide which direction the country goes in just because they're massively populated. America isn't a fucking Democracy you tit.

If California could set the tone, then the other states are either bitches to California, or they secede to avoid being bitches of California.

If California could set the tone, politicians would disregard the other states because their voices are just too quiet.

Are you high? Unless California controls 51% of the population, then that's not what I'm saying. 

Let's go through a list of points:

1. The electoral college means an individual vote doesn't matter - someone votes 'on your behalf' and has no necessity to follow the desire of the majority.

2. The electoral college gives vastly more power to people depending on what state they live in, meaning that if you believe votes count, you're wrong. Some count for more than 3x that of others:

(California --> 1 vote per 455k people vs. Wyoming 1 vote per 135k people).

If we do some quick math...

1 Vote in Wyoming = 3.37 Californian votes

It's ok though because we're a republic. Right? smile.png I address that later.

3. Swing states - once again, some votes more important than others and they basically decide the election. This means presidential candidates ignore basically the rest of the country - who cares about 250 million people, when you can apply to a specific 50 million? Statistics say (actually just looked this up) that 80% of votes have no actual effect on the outcome. Guess it's a flawless system though because it was made back in the ripe olden days of slavery though! smile.png

4. This system also makes even MORE votes not count. Why? Because if a state goes 'red', that means the 1-49% of people that voted democrat (once again, assuming that the elector actually follows what the voters said they wanted) don't matter. And that if a state goes 'blue', the 1-49% of people that voted 'Republican' didn't matter. Cool! Let's keep throwing out more votes!

5. Please stop defending a retarded system because your candidate won. Also, being a republic has literally nothing to do with this. A republic gives power to representatives in leadership positions e.g. congressmen and the President that are voted into office -  when was the last time you chose your elector? Guess what? You actually get your elector 'chosen' by voting - that means if they don't want to vote for the majority candidate, they don't have to smile.png. That applies to 24 states and has happened over 80 times biggrin.png. There's a reason why the popular vote has lost more than once in America due to a failed system. You're acting like this is a law that cannot be changed, and you're fucking high if you think otherwise.

gg.

I didn't complain about the electoral college when Obama won m8, neither did you. If you wanna complain about it, the time is before the election, not after. If Hillary had won, you would have had nothing to say. That's the bottom line. The ultimate irony is the party with superdelegates complaining about the electoral college.

Are you high? Obama won the popular vote. He was a shit president, but he won the popular vote, so he was legitimate. Read above.

Edited by Imateamcape

Are you high? Unless California controls 51% of the population, then that's not what I'm saying. 

Let's go through a list of points:

1. The electoral college means an individual vote doesn't matter - someone votes 'on your behalf' and has no necessity to follow the desire of the majority.

2. The electoral college gives vastly more power to people depending on what state they live in, meaning that if you believe votes count, you're wrong. Some count for more than 3x that of others:

(California --> 1 vote per 455k people vs. Wyoming 1 vote per 135k people).

If we do some quick math...

1 Vote in Wyoming = 3.37 Californian votes

It's ok though because we're a republic. Right? smile.png I address that later.

3. Swing states - once again, some votes more important than others and they basically decide the election. This means presidential candidates ignore basically the rest of the country - who cares about 250 million people, when you can apply to a specific 50 million? Statistics say (actually just looked this up) that 80% of votes have no actual effect on the outcome. Guess it's a flawless system though because it was made back in the ripe olden days of slavery though! smile.png

4. This system also makes even MORE votes not count. Why? Because if a state goes 'red', that means the 1-49% of people that voted democrat (once again, assuming that the elector actually follows what the voters said they wanted) don't matter. And that if a state goes 'blue', the 1-49% of people that voted 'Republican' didn't matter. Cool! Let's keep throwing out more votes!

5. Please stop defending a retarded system because your candidate won. Also, being a republic has literally nothing to do with this. A republic gives power to representatives in leadership positions e.g. congressmen and the President that are voted into office -  when was the last time you chose your elector? Guess what? You actually get your elector 'chosen' by voting - that means if they don't want to vote for the majority candidate, they don't have to smile.png. That applies to 24 states and has happened over 80 times biggrin.png. There's a reason why the popular vote has lost more than once in America due to a failed system. You're acting like this is a law that cannot be changed, and you're fucking high if you think otherwise.

gg.

Are you high? Obama won the popular vote. He was a shit president, but he won the popular vote, so he was legitimate. Read above.

You went through the trouble of explaining how the vote of a person in Wyoming weighs more than the vote of a person in California, but didn't bother to think about why that is. Turns out, the founders weren't idiots, and they did that for a reason. As I've said already, the reason the vote of someone in Wyoming weighs more than the vote of someone in California, is because there are 38.2 million more people in California. If votes were counted equally, which states do you think would start to have the bigger say over our country? Oh yeah, the ones with the biggest populations. I'll say it again, the reason the electoral college exists is so that our country isn't run by 4 states. 

You went through the trouble of explaining how the vote of a person in Wyoming weighs more than the vote of a person in California, but didn't bother to think about why that is. Turns out, the founders weren't idiots, and they did that for a reason. As I've said already, the reason the vote of someone in Wyoming weighs more than the vote of someone in California, is because there are 38.2 million more people in California. If votes were counted equally, which states do you think would start to have the bigger say over our country? Oh yeah, the ones with the biggest populations. I'll say it again, the reason the electoral college exists is so that our country isn't run by 4 states. 

Ok. Let's run through a couple things.

1. The founding fathers were dead long before any midwestern states and American Expansion & Manifest Destiny even existed. 

2. You literally just conceded 80% of what I just said, just like America concedes 80% of votes. How about we talk about that statistic? If you want "all votes to count", how about we introduce those 80% of votes back into the pool by abolishing the electoral college?

You act like having 20% of the votes be what really counts is what is "best for the country" because your candidate, who advocates for rape, racism, and blatantly has denied the basic ethics of the Bill of Rights and Constitution won. "BUT NOOO 4 STATES!!!!! THEY CONTROL THE WORLD!!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2013/11/12/most-americans-live-in-purple-america-not-red-or-blue-america/

^ Majority of America silenced because their ballots are basically thrown out if their state votes for the opposing party

"Swing states have so much power, in recent elections up to 80% of the votes cast in America had no impact on the outcome." (Fairvote 2014)

Edited by Imateamcape

your candidate, who advocates for rape, racism, and blatantly has denied the basic ethics of the Bill of Rights and Constitution

Give me a quote where Trump advocates rape and racism. I'm sure you'll just pull a bunch of shit out of your ass and try to equivocate misconstrued headlines with rape because it's what the media told you to do. You're brainwashed and hopelessly misinformed.

Ok. Let's run through a couple things.

1. The founding fathers were dead long before any midwestern states and American Expansion & Manifest Destiny even existed. 

2. You literally just conceded 80% of what I just said, just like America concedes 80% of votes. How about we talk about that statistic? If you want "all votes to count", how about we introduce those 80% of votes back into the pool by abolishing the electoral college?

You act like having 20% of the votes be what really counts is what is "best for the country" because your candidate, who advocates for rape, racism, and blatantly has denied the basic ethics of the Bill of Rights and Constitution won. "BUT NOOO 4 STATES!!!!! THEY CONTROL THE WORLD!!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2013/11/12/most-americans-live-in-purple-america-not-red-or-blue-america/

^ Majority of America silenced because their ballots are basically thrown out if their state votes for the opposing party

Okay:

1. Not an argument.
  2. California is still worth the most amount of electoral votes.

This video explains everything I've said concisely, and addresses your point:

Edited by liverare

Give me a quote where Trump advocates rape and racism. I'm sure you'll just pull a bunch of shit out of your ass and try to equivocate misconstrued headlines with rape because it's what the media told you to do. You're brainwashed and hopelessly misinformed.

hahaahahahahahaha you still didnt answer the argument

Okay:

1. Not an argument.
  2. California is still worth the most amount of electoral votes.

This video explains everything I've said concisely, and addresses your point:

please give me your own words and explain why having only 20% of the vote actually have an effect is better than the whole population being heard.