IMPORTANT: Our Database Has Been Leaked!

Laz

Are our e-mail addresses and billing address information safe? Or was that leaked as well?

We are not certain, but to be honest, it probably was.

Were sdn sources leaked as well?

No they have not.

Was Kati behind the servers being down as well?

No, the servers were going offline due to some recent attacks. We have however combated the recent attacks successfully rendering them ineffective now.

Are our e-mail addresses and billing address information safe? Or was that leaked as well?

We are not certain, but to be honest, it probably was.

Were sdn sources leaked as well?

No they have not.

Was Kati behind the servers being down as well?

No, the servers were going offline due to some recent attacks. We have however combated the recent attacks successfully rendering them ineffective now.

Alright, thanks for the reply.

People in chat were saying it was Kati, and then after seeing this, was just making sure if they were trolling or not :p

Not trying to seem forthright/condescending, but I have a few questions.

1. When was the database leaked? (Approx.)

2. What was the source of the blackmail on Kati?

3. Any idea of to whom the database was leaked to?

and 4. Will changing both our ingame and forum passwords be enough to keep safe from this recent leak?

so could our runescape accounts be hacked? i just changed my forum password and if they have the databases wouldn't that mean they have our saved runescape passwords? and pin numbers? and original account name? my god we are screwed.

No, RuneScape details are stored by the client locally on your computer. We do not have access to any of that information.

Not trying to seem forthright/condescending, but I have a few questions.

1. When was the database leaked? (Approx.)

2. What was the source of the blackmail on Kati?

3. Any idea of to whom the database was leaked to?

and 4. Will changing both our ingame and forum passwords be enough to keep safe from this recent leak?

1. 24-48 hours ago.

2. This is unconfirmed at the moment but will be undisclosed.

3. This will also be undisclosed.

4. Yes.

so could our runescape accounts be hacked? i just changed my forum password and if they have the databases wouldn't that mean they have our saved runescape passwords? and pin numbers? and original account name? my god we are screwed.

No, RuneScape details are stored by the client locally on your computer. We do not have access to any of that information.

oh well thank goodness. thanks laz.