GrandExchange, how to buy items and sell them?

TheGreatests

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/108450-ge-help/

Heres a similar thread on the first page of Scripting Help, have a read. Also check for other threads first before you post. Hopefully one of the other threads can answer your question.

edit - lul you posted on that thread already, anyways still check a few pages back, there might already be an answer, since i think thats probably a reasonably common question.

Edited by PlagueDoctor

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/108450-ge-help/

Heres a similar thread on the first page of Scripting Help, have a read. Also check for other threads first before you post. Hopefully one of the other threads can answer your question.

edit - lul you posted on that thread already, anyways still check a few pages back, there might already be an answer, since i think thats probably a reasonably common question.

:)ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.pngsmile.png I posted in this post, only thing available is the way to buy it which I know how to and still doesnt seem to work :(

smile.pngohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.pngsmile.png I posted in this post, only thing available is the way to buy it which I know how to and still doesnt seem to work sad.png

Hmm, i personally don't know how to do this, i'll have a look through some threads and see if i can figure it out. Hopefully someone who can answer your question will post on this thread. 

K heres some threads. Hopefully one of them will answer your question. 

If these don't give you the info you need, look into widgets. Widgets are really useful if you need to tell the script to click something or type something in a certain area etc, or check if an area contains something. On the osbot client, log into a character and click settings - > options - > debug tab - > check widgets. Hover over your inventory for instance, it will show you the root and children of the area you are hovering.  In my cannonball smithing script i used widgets to detect when my smithing had leveled up, so that i could tell it to start smithing again (because leveling up generally stops whatever you are doing).  Heres the code, incase it helps you understand widgets a little better.

RS2Widget smithingLevelWidget = getWidgets().get(233, 0); // defining the widget variable.

if(smithingLevelWidget != null && smithingLevelWidget.isVisible() && smithingLevelWidget.getMessage().contains("Smithing"))
    		return Action.SMELT;

/* If the smithingLevelWidget is not equal to null, and is visible, and the widget contains the text "Smithing",
 do Action.Smelt (this is the case that interacts with the furnace and smelts the cannonballs). */

http://osbot.org/api/org/osbot/rs07/api/Widgets.html

edit: @Saiyan copied me while i was writing this out, pls report. Ruined my dank response.

Edited by PlagueDoctor
  • Like 1

Well if he uses snippets because he doesn't understand how to write the methods, that's not teaching him anything. He should spend some time learning more about widgets and understanding our API. That will make him a better scripter and programmer in the long run.

Edit: Widgets is a good way to learn inheritance smile.png

• Like 3

Well if he uses snippets because he doesn't understand how to write the methods, that's not teaching him anything. He should spend some time learning more about widgets and understanding our API. That will make him a better scripter and programmer in the long run.

Edit: Widgets is a good way to learn inheritance smile.png

Thank you very much, i am gonna be buying lifetime sponsorship shortly, and then really pushing some work into it. I use to script back in 2012-13, and lost nearly everything ive learned. Was the first to publish a tab-maker on the TriMuch's API.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, i am gonna be buying lifetime sponsorship shortly, and then really pushing some work into it. I use to script back in 2012-13, and lost nearly everything ive learned. Was the first to publish a tab-maker on the TriMuch's API.

Well I think most of it should come back to you fairly quickly then. Just be careful when using static ids; scripters get lazy and use them but in the long run it requires a lot more work because of maintenance. If you have issues finding widgets without the use of static ids, I could write a small tutorial on it to introduce the basic idea.

• Like 1

Well I think most of it should come back to you fairly quickly then. Just be careful when using static ids; scripters get lazy and use them but in the long run it requires a lot more work because of maintenance. If you have issues finding widgets without the use of static ids, I could write a small tutorial on it to introduce the basic idea.

Sounds good!, i'll let you know. I'll have a look into it again. Just got back after a few weeks and am already going overboard lol.

Anyways, would you happen to know where I could exchange the BTC I have for the credits needed for sponsorship. I have the cash in BTC, however you guys dont accept this payment.. This payment personally I think is the best payment as its nearly right in your hands.

Sounds good!, i'll let you know. I'll have a look into it again. Just got back after a few weeks and am already going overboard lol.

Anyways, would you happen to know where I could exchange the BTC I have for the credits needed for sponsorship. I have the cash in BTC, however you guys dont accept this payment.. This payment personally I think is the best payment as its nearly right in your hands.

It's a soft currency and PayPal has the API required to process transactions. Unless there is a vendor that takes bitcoin and exchanges it to a hard currency for us, and provides us the same functionality, it's unlikely. Also PayPal has a great reputation and has been up for many years.