Large ban wave coming on monday

Abuse

Weath's post:

We had a few technical issues with BotWatch last week that seriously hindered our ability to mass ban bots. You might have noticed an increase in activity in a number of areas, including at Fleshcrawlers (which I am aware is quite often busy with bots anyway). Everything is back up and running now so I should be able to really start hammering them again on Monday.

Fleshcrawlers are definitely on our radar as an area that needs a lot of attention. Most of the bots there are turned into dragon bots once they reach a high enough level so it's a double win if we can cut them out before they even get to that stage.

The big issue that we've been facing previously is having enough coverage to keep on top of the bots all the time. I've spent quite a few weekend days banning bots in my spare time but obviously I don't want to be doing this forever. We now have a couple of Jmods that are well on their way to being able to cover weekends to the same level that weekdays are covered and we have 4 more auxiliary Jmods who can help with that cover and also cover weekdays outside of my working hours.

If you want to send me the list on here you're welcome to. I'll try my best to get to them as soon as possible but hopefully you can appreciate that I also have many other areas that I need to focus on, at the same time as training 4 people!

Seeing how little bans happened past week, I'm pretty sure monday will be a hard hit

• Like 3