Questions about internships! (Software Development)

GaetanoH

Have confidence in yourself and that only you can do things the way you do it and that if you really can't find anything to support a reason for you to be a programmer (projects), chances are you really should be reconsidering what you are doing with your time. Realistically if you tell them you haven't worked in a business environment previously, they aren't going to land you into the thick of things and watch you squirm because that's simply stupid.

You don't have to downplay your abilities at all.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for all putting so much effort into it! I've been making a portfolio a few months ago but never actually finished it, gonna show some apps/snippets I made over the years going to college on there.

Really appreciate it. @Token @Rudie @Botre

Edited by GaetanoH
  • Like 1

Hey, I'm from the U.K and I work in IT but focusing on servers and networking/firewalls etc

We have a development team based in London and Budapest they are usually graduates straight from University but we do take on "apprentices" without degrees and they do well at our place. (we are a telecoms company - main competitor for the business sector is talktalk UK)

• Like 1