APA Sand Crabs

Apaec

Hey all,

Thought i'd post a quick status update. I've been working on an error correction system which i'm hoping will be in a state ready for release in the next month.

Regarding bans, botting has become very dangerous in recent years- sadly, we are no longer in a time where you can leave a script running day and night and not expect a ban. This is a result of the growing popularity and investment in OSRS. Naturally, it's much easier to detect bots than it is to mimic humans, so no matter the bot or script, it is worth being extra cautious.

If you haven't already, i'd highly recommend giving this thread a quick read: https://osbot.org/forum/topic/124429-preventing-rs-botting-bans-v3/ . Though it's fairly old now, a lot of the points still hold true.

If you're not sure how long to run the script for, i'd recommend sessions no more than 30 minutes, with generous breaks and legitimate play inbetween. It's worth being extra cautious!

Best of luck, and get in touch if there's anything I can help with.

Apa

On 5/15/2020 at 9:09 AM, Apaec said:

Hey all,

Thought i'd post a quick status update. I've been working on an error correction system which i'm hoping will be in a state ready for release in the next month.

Regarding bans, botting has become very dangerous in recent years- sadly, we are no longer in a time where you can leave a script running day and night and not expect a ban. This is a result of the growing popularity and investment in OSRS. Naturally, it's much easier to detect bots than it is to mimic humans, so no matter the bot or script, it is worth being extra cautious.

If you haven't already, i'd highly recommend giving this thread a quick read: https://osbot.org/forum/topic/124429-preventing-rs-botting-bans-v3/ . Though it's fairly old now, a lot of the points still hold true.

If you're not sure how long to run the script for, i'd recommend sessions no more than 30 minutes, with generous breaks and legitimate play inbetween. It's worth being extra cautious!

Best of luck, and get in touch if there's anything I can help with.

Apa

why ppl would only bot for 10h a week lol?? 

• 3 weeks later...