APA Sand Crabs

Apaec

2 hours ago, Apaec said:

Hi all,

There was a game update today, please be patient while the developers update the client to be compatible with this.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/boxing-mechanics-and-lots-of-fixes?oldschool=1

Thanks

Apa

Hey,

Not sure what you mean - i'd be more than happy to give you a 24h trial so you can give it a go :)

Just please be aware of the game update today, you can expect all scripts to potentially have issues prior to the client being updated.

Apa

great to know, thank you so much. when do you think the script will be up to date in accordance with the game  update?

1 hour ago, theodt said:

Maybe this is a good idea. when i use the not mutch used 2 crab spots i can kill them to fast but i dont want to be bothered with 3 or 4 crab spots because of al the crashing and hopping. maybe you can make it so it walks to a nearby crab in the meantime and walk back to the spot? Would be getting a little more xp per hour but might be easy for ppl to recognize bots?

Thanks for the suggestion, the script used to have a roaming mode which functioned similarly to how you suggested, but this resulted in lots of player reports as the script would accidentally crash other players by taking their crabs. It is difficult to gauge whether crabs are free to take when roaming, and when they are being camped by another (snappy!) player who risks reporting you. As a result, I removed the mode altogether. If you're finding crashing is a problem, you can always use force attack mode which means the script will stand its ground, or alternatively you can try botting at off-peak times when the lands are more barren!

Apa

1 hour ago, chipskylark1 said:

great to know, thank you so much. when do you think the script will be up to date in accordance with the game  update?

Hey,

I believe an updated version of the client has already been released, you should hopefully find that the script will work perfectly with it :)

-Apa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apaec said:

Thanks for the suggestion, the script used to have a roaming mode which functioned similarly to how you suggested, but this resulted in lots of player reports as the script would accidentally crash other players by taking their crabs. It is difficult to gauge whether crabs are free to take when roaming, and when they are being camped by another (snappy!) player who risks reporting you. As a result, I removed the mode altogether. If you're finding crashing is a problem, you can always use force attack mode which means the script will stand its ground, or alternatively you can try botting at off-peak times when the lands are more barren!

Apa

Hey,

I believe an updated version of the client has already been released, you should hopefully find that the script will work perfectly with it :)

-Apa

oh its not the scripts that will need modifying, just the client itself?

17 hours ago, chipskylark1 said:

oh its not the scripts that will need modifying, just the client itself?

Correct - the script only tells the client 'i'd like to hop worlds', then the client does this. This is in general how the API works :)

Apa

57 minutes ago, brian8771 said:

Still having trouble hopping. Have the verison 35 update

Hey,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check if this is happening for other people so I can compose a bug report to submit to the developers if this is still ongoing.

Apa

1 hour ago, Apaec said:

Correct - the script only tells the client 'i'd like to hop worlds', then the client does this. This is in general how the API works :)

Apa

Hey,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check if this is happening for other people so I can compose a bug report to submit to the developers if this is still ongoing.

Apa

understood thanks. new to this as you can tell im sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chipskylark1 said:

understood thanks. new to this as you can tell im sure

No worries :) Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have!

1 hour ago, sasaeel said:

same, and resetting having some problems also

Hmm, thanks for this. Hopefully it will all be working in the next client build. 

Apa

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lolkek45 said:

Bot still has issues with world hopping, could you look into this please? 

Hey,

Unfortunately there's nothing that I can do about this - worldhopping is handled solely by the client and as a result we both have to wait for the next client release to see a fix.

Sorry about that!

Apa

[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:41:23 PM]: Script APA Sand Crabs has paused!
[WARN][Bot #1][01/27 06:41:28 PM]: Event executor is taking too long to suspend; terminating now...
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:41:40 PM]: Script APA Sand Crabs has resumed!
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:41:40 PM]: Walking to location: West 4
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:47:58 PM]: Executing movement event: Camera event
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:49:12 PM]: Executing movement event: Mouse event
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:58:44 PM]: Executing movement event: Camera event
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:59:06 PM]: Executing movement event: Mouse event
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:59:39 PM]: Terminating script APA Sand Crabs...
[WARN][Bot #1][01/27 06:59:44 PM]: Event executor is taking too long to suspend; terminating now...
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:59:46 PM]: Your progress has been saved to: http://ramyun.co.uk/sandcrab/Theodt.png
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:59:46 PM]: Script stopped: APA Sand Crabs v3.1 by Apaec.
[INFO][Bot #1][01/27 06:59:46 PM]: Script APA Sand Crabs has exited!

just stands afk