Another approach to anti-ban implementation in scripts

lisabe96

I was thinking of another approach on anti-ban implementation.

The regular methods are the pseudo anti-bans (opening tabs, camera movement, ...)

And smart delays (taking a random delay before searching a new tree, while in bank...)

However I think we could take another approach on those random delays.

Now we mainly handle it from the viewpoint of happenings in the rs world rather than from player view point.

Let me illustrate:

- Start chopping tree

- Tree is down ? do a little delay, search a new tree

Now let me illustrate how I think a player-viewpoint approach could work

- Start chopping tree

- Move mouse outside screen (delay for a while like we're checking a website or something)

- Randomly hop back in into the game and see what happened

The tree could have been down after 2 logs or the tree could still be up.

Whatever the situation is, we detect the current situation when we as a player come back to

the game, rather than the script seeing that the tree is down. Also experience rates would be very variable, etc...

This could when implemented correctly result in a very realistic player-like behavior.

Even when mod weath is standing next to you it would be very hard to spot that you're botting.

I'm using woodcutting as example as it would be one of the easier ones to try this out with

& I'm mainly working on my woodcutter right now.

Thoughts?

Edited by lisabe96
  • Like 4

Yup, the anti ban thing can be alot smoother!

Another Anti-ban thing what really helps is, while the bot is having break it also hops worlds. This can also be implended into the client. 

I don't know about you guys but personally when I'm playing legit I barely ever hop worlds. I just take a low-player-count world on a nearby server and get playing.

Imo hopping worlds all the time would even get me suspicious in some situations.

However when botting I assume it could help as it avoids legit players becoming suspicious about you and reporting you.

I don't know about you guys but personally when I'm playing legit I barely ever hop worlds. I just take a low-player-count world on a nearby server and get playing.

Imo hopping worlds all the time would even get me suspicious in some situations.

However when botting I assume it could help as it avoids legit players becoming suspicious about you and reporting you.

That's exactly what I thought.

The regular methods are the pseudo anti-bans (opening tabs, camera movement, ...)

And smart delays (taking a random delay before searching a new tree, while in bank...)

Now we mainly handle it from the viewpoint of happenings in the rs world rather than from player view point.

Let me illustrate:

- Start chopping tree

- Start chopping tree

- Move mouse outside screen (delay for a while like we're checking a website or something)

Whatever the situation is, we detect the current situation when we as a player come back to

the game, rather than the script seeing that the tree is down. Also experience rates would be very variable, etc...

This could when implemented correctly result in a very realistic player-like behavior.

Even when mod weath is standing next to you it would be very hard to spot that you're botting.

I'm using woodcutting as example as it would be one of the easier ones to try this out with

Thoughts?

Looks good ! :D

There is only 1 problem, You'll lose a lot of efficieny doing this :s

Pretty sure that 90% of the mass goldfarmers just suicide farm a certain method.

Not much fucks were given bcs of banns, bcs they know they will happen on certain goldfarm scripts.

This method would be good on scripts where pll actually use their main account.

but nobody knows if antiban even helps, i've seen pll run my script 100 hours with injection and no antiban, receiving no ban.

but also pll using mirror and antiban and they get banned within a day on their main account.

So I don't really find any logic in jagex banning people.

Also:

Recently a friend of mine is botting a shitload of account and hes uses 2 accs per proxy farming the same method.

a lot of times only 1/2 accs gets banned... Same IP, same farming method, same naming ...

So where is the logic in the banns? Would be cool to actually know how they decide who gets banned and who doesn't get banned.

Kind regards

Khaleesi

• Like 3

Looks good ! biggrin.png

There is only 1 problem, You'll lose a lot of efficieny doing this :s

Pretty sure that 90% of the mass goldfarmers just suicide farm a certain method.

Not much fucks were given bcs of banns, bcs they know they will happen on certain goldfarm scripts.

This method would be good on scripts where pll actually use their main account.

but nobody knows if antiban even helps, i've seen pll run my script 100 hours with injection and no antiban, receiving no ban.

but also pll using mirror and antiban and they get banned within a day on their main account.

So I don't really find any logic in jagex banning people.

Also:

Recently a friend of mine is botting a shitload of account and hes uses 2 accs per proxy farming the same method.

a lot of times only 1/2 accs gets banned... Same IP, same farming method, same naming ...

So where is the logic in the banns? Would be cool to actually know how they decide who gets banned and who doesn't get banned.

Kind regards

Khaleesi

Well it's true we have no clue on how they detect bots, but we can assume it's by detecting behavior as when it would be software wise, mirror client would never have bans.

So the closer you get to human-like behavior, the safer it should become.

@efficiency That's why you add a checkbox to let the player choose whether to use anti-ban or not :)

Let me illustrate:

- Start chopping tree

- Start chopping tree

Thoughts?

I have tried that with woodcutting. With long delays losing a lot of exp sucks, so i changed them to pretty short. Still banned after a while. Maybe path from bank to trees wasnt random enough, but who knows..

Edited by Nora

I have tried that with woodcutting. With long delays losing a lot of exp sucks, so i changed them to pretty short. Still banned after a while. Maybe path from bank to trees wasnt random enough, but who knows..

Not just long delays, it's about working from a player-viewpoint.

I'll work something out when I have time and post it in dev section

A delay while mouse is out of screen.

I don't think you understand the concept I explained. Or you do but I don't see it.

What you probably do is, oh a tree is down, lets do a delay before going to another tree.

That's the script viewpoint.

With the player viewpoint you're taking a delay, then come back in game and see what has happened in your area and how you can react to it.

While this does sound nice I'm 100% sure it's not going to change anything. I can bot 100+ hours without a break and still not receiving bans. If jagex doesn't even look at your login time when searching for bots then they for sure won't bother looking at your mouse movements...

While this does sound nice I'm 100% sure it's not going to change anything. I can bot 100+ hours without a break and still not receiving bans. If jagex doesn't even look at your login time when searching for bots then they for sure won't bother looking at your mouse movements...

Who was talking about mouse movements, you missed the point completely.

It's about simulating human behavior rather than reacting to changes in the rs world.