Gym Tips?

Attaboy

diet diet diet

you are (probably) losing more calories than others because of your weight vs theirs, you lose a lot more the more you weigh

not sure about the whole AIO sesh and im no expert but if you're going 4-5 times a week I suggest getting a schedule, working basic muscle groups per day - chest, shoulders, back, arms, legs and group abs/cardio in with them pre/post workout, switch it and your exercises up every so often, there are plenty of articles for this

the key 100% to losing fat is your diet. look up the keto diet, i found that one to work relatively well 

your best shot is looking elsewhere online, there are 1000s of websites made for this purpose 

^

Lots of people complain that they aren't gaining weight. Cut carbs and thrown in protein instead, eat healthy meals and don't snack. 

Tip the more muscle mass u have the easier it is to burn fat. Also u have to experiment with what works best for YOU (pretty much anything to do with fitness)Get some creatine and protein powder( if u don't already have them) -creatine may add a LITTLE bit of water weight but your workouts should last longer limit your carb intake but u still need them of course - morning would be a good time to eat them...probably not before bed or it won't be good for loosing weight. U could also do morning cardio on a empty stomach which will help to burn more calories then normal. Umm switch your training up a bit or it will get boring and u will get used to it...I can't think of what else to tell u it's getting a bit late. But anyways if u have a question feel free to ask me smile.png

Eh had to add I did mention taking supplements( creatine a protein powder) these two are the only supplements which will improve your workouts a little bit. Fat burners and test boosters are bs and don't work lol.

I workout in the morning and every morning I eat banana an hour before I workout. I don't use any protein powder because I used it a fwe times  and It made me feel and look a bit fatter. 

GIve yourself some shock training if you keep doing the same weights each time ur body gets used to what ur doing .

push yourself remmber that ur mind gives up 1000s times before ur body will .

That is true, but for now It's better to build a routine in it. I'm just getting started.

^

Lots of people complain that they aren't gaining weight. Cut carbs and thrown in protein instead, eat healthy meals and don't snack. 

I try to avoid snacking as much as I possibly can. If I snack I don't finish the whole thing I just throw it away. I still eat a normal breakfast tho. Idk if I can call it a breakfast actually. It's more like a brunch. I eat my breakfast/brunch an hour after finished working out.

Wait..45 mins at the gym doing all those exercises? A full body workout?

Yes that is what I do. 3-5 sets per 10. I spend around an hour to an hour and a half a day exercising.

if you want to gain muscle, its all about eating. you need to give your body fuel to grow (protein & good carbs). dont eat bad carbs. you can look up what those are. use myfitnesspal app for iphone or android and it will automatically calculate how many calories you need to eat per day. make sure you drink protein shake every day. i'd recommend twice a day. and that's pretty much it. you'll bulk in no time.

I don't know but protein shakes are not working for me. Tried that a few times but to me just eating normally is better.

Like I said, I lost 10kg within 3 months by doing 15mins of cardio and 45mins of strength training 3 years ago. Now I'm hoping this method will still work for me. 

And from what I have heard, As long as I don't eat that much I will burn my fat into muscle, So I think the strength training part is helping me.

No.

Burning fat into muscle is a myth.

However it is possible to loose weight and gain muscle.

Whoever told you not to eat was a liar.

What you put in your body is what you get out in your workout. Have around 6 small ( less than 300ish) calories a day to keep you full of energy and drink LOTS of water.

Gz on the 10KG 

I saw your routine.

1) Monday Wednesday Upperbody day ( Hit pullups, dips, tricep pushdowns, Bench, and do some pushups on the side man.)

DONT FORGET TO TRAIN YOUR NECK CORRECTLY 

Do some bridges or go on a bench and tie a 5lb around your neck and move your head side to side and up and down.

2) Tuesday, Thursday Lowerbody day( DEADLIFT!!!!!!! Squat till your ass hit's the deck, Leg press, Grab a 45 and go over to the glute and ham machine drop the plate on floor and lift that shit and your whole body. You'll feel this in your ass and be sore.

3)Friday, AB DAY!

Crunches, flutterkicks, go to the tricep pushdown, get on all fours then grab the rope and start pulling it down with your head facing the floor. Trust me it works.

Get some gains.

No.

Burning fat into muscle is a myth.

However it is possible to loose weight and gain muscle.

Whoever told you not to eat was a liar.

What you put in your body is what you get out in your workout. Have around 6 small ( less than 300ish) calories a day to keep you full of energy and drink LOTS of water.

Gz on the 10KG 

I saw your routine.

1) Monday Wednesday Upperbody day ( Hit pullups, dips, tricep pushdowns, Bench, and do some pushups on the side man.)

DONT FORGET TO TRAIN YOUR NECK CORRECTLY 

Do some bridges or go on a bench and tie a 5lb around your neck and move your head side to side and up and down.

2) Tuesday, Thursday Lowerbody day( DEADLIFT!!!!!!! Squat till your ass hit's the deck, Leg press, Grab a 45 and go over to the glute and ham machine drop the plate on floor and lift that shit and your whole body. You'll feel this in your ass and be sore.

3)Friday, AB DAY!

Crunches, flutterkicks, go to the tricep pushdown, get on all fours then grab the rope and start pulling it down with your head facing the floor. Trust me it works.

Get some gains.

This is some hardcore shit tho. I heard people say this to me but they have a really bulked up body, Thats not really my goal but it sure is effective.

If a full body exersize works good for u and u feel good...don't stop? But I usually train back and legs on seperate days..they use a lot more energy and u need a up the intensity for em

True, I have experienced that legs costs alot of energy. I tried to lift myself a few times at the end of my training but that didn't really went well because I was drained. 

bro, ill be playing overseas ball here in a couple years, you don't need heavy weights or any of that dude...stick to the basics (bench, deadlifts, squats, cleans) and focus on core and body weight training and you'll be good. main thing is don't cheat yourself, do the exercises correctly and efficiently and you'll see better results regular less of what weight you're using.

If your main goal is to lose weight then your weights aren't really helping you lol, just make sure that you are eating well

You clearly don't know shit.

OT: If you're doing weights and want to gain slight muscle, keep the weight low and do more reps, if you were looking for size and strength then increase the weight each week by 1.25kg or more depending on how fast you want to proceed.

Cardio is great to start on.

Main tip... Never count on how long you've been there, you go when you're done not when your time is up....

If you're wanting to tone your body, keep doing abs etc, if you're not bothered about having stronger abs, you can train abs while being on other things such as bench press, you train your core by being on the bench.

I've been working out 4-5 Times a week lately, I'm trying to lose some weight and gain some muscle. and I was wondering if anyone got some tips/suggestions for me?

What I do is basicly this:

Intensive cardio for 15mins which will burn around 140-150 calories. (I've seen people burn less calories then that in more than half an hour) So I think I'm doing well.

and 45min of weights training, which concludes abs, legs,arms basicly everything.

I train the same set of muscles everytime I go to the gym.

Anyone got any tips for me?

Long and short of it from someone such as myself who actually does go to the gym on a regular basis, you should look more into your diet and how that works rather than just concentrating on the gym, most of the work comes from the food you eat and what you drink included. When it coems to "burning calories" you only really need to do 15-20 mins of cardio per day or per time to activate your bodies fat burners, after that you can easily move on although I pretty much usually do cardio on leg day mainly, and have an extra day for cardio only.

Do 1 muscle group per day, so Monday would be biceps, Tuesday back or chest and so on, do one load of things and stick to them, but mix it up so say on leg day you may do squats > leg press and so on, instead do leg press > squats after that way tricking your body, so it's not always in the happy position is normally would be via doing the same routine.

Wait..45 mins at the gym doing all those exercises? A full body workout?

I agree, although you need to remember some people are different. If you are just starting the gym, or lack certain experience in certain parts you usually stick to a what you would class "full body workout"

Focus on one thing at a time. If you wanna lose weight change your diet and burn lots of calories by doing whatever activity you prefer. Depending on how fast or slow your metabolism is this might take a while depending on your dieting.

If you wanna gain muscle, do muscle isolation for each different day. Follow my schedule if you wish.

Monday: Back and Biceps

Tuesday: Triceps and Chest 

Wednesday: Shoulders

Thursday: Legs (don't skip legs)

Friday: Break Day

Saturday: Break Day

Sunday: Cardio + Swimming

Fore-arms and abs are trained on every single day (cept break days ofc).

Training separate muscle groups on different days allows that muscle to recuperate and heal back fully, stronger and better than before. Fuck whey protein and all those bullshit pre-work outs, just cook your own meals and stock up on lots of protein and calories. Make sure to take multi-vitamin + fish pills, they're good for you. Keep this schedule up for a solid half a year and you will definitely see results.

P.S. Don't be discouraged by starting off at lower weight than most average people because we strong people were also once those noobs before at weight lifting. Thinking of it like training runescape stats, everyone starts off in lumbridge with shit stats and bronze armor. It's your responsibility to grind as much as possible to get that sweet, delicious rune trimmed zammy armor. Or if your a fat fuck and people make fun of you for the way you look, fuck them and anyone else who looks down upon someone trying to make a healthy difference in their lifestyle. Don't give a shit about them. Prove those people wrong. 

Motivation is what gets you started, discipline is what keeps you going.

Edited by Suriza
  • Like 1

Wrong..weight are helping more than the cardio

Not to lose weight

You clearly don't know shit.

OT: If you're doing weights and want to gain slight muscle, keep the weight low and do more reps, if you were looking for size and strength then increase the weight each week by 1.25kg or more depending on how fast you want to proceed.

Cardio is great to start on.

Main tip... Never count on how long you've been there, you go when you're done not when your time is up....

If you're wanting to tone your body, keep doing abs etc, if you're not bothered about having stronger abs, you can train abs while being on other things such as bench press, you train your core by being on the bench.

I clearly know shit

Focus on one thing at a time. If you wanna lose weight change your diet and burn lots of calories by doing whatever activity you prefer. Depending on how fast or slow your metabolism is this might take a while depending on your dieting.

If you wanna gain muscle, do muscle isolation for each different day. Follow my schedule if you wish.

Monday: Back and Biceps

Tuesday: Triceps and Chest 

Wednesday: Shoulders

Thursday: Legs (don't skip legs)

Friday: Break Day

Saturday: Break Day

Sunday: Cardio + Swimming

Fore-arms and abs are trained on every single day (cept break days ofc).

Training separate muscle groups on different days allows that muscle to recuperate and heal back fully, stronger and better than before. Fuck whey protein and all those bullshit pre-work outs, just cook your own meals and stock up on lots of protein and calories. Make sure to take multi-vitamin + fish pills, they're good for you. Keep this schedule up for a solid half a year and you will definitely see results.

P.S. Don't be discouraged by starting off at lower weight than most average people because we strong people were also once those noobs before at weight lifting. Thinking of it like training runescape stats, everyone starts off in lumbridge with shit stats and bronze armor. It's your responsibility to grind as much as possible to get that sweet, delicious rune trimmed zammy armor. Or if your a fat fuck and people make fun of you for the way you look, fuck them and anyone else who looks down upon someone trying to make a healthy difference in their lifestyle. Don't give a shit about them. Prove those people wrong. 

Motivation is what gets you started, discipline is what keeps you going.

I don't use any protein or powders or such things like that. I don't trust that shit. I wouldn't say I'm that fat tho, but I could definitly lose some weight. And I'm looking forward to looking good. Just finished week 2 of my training so I guess I'm doing good.