Idea for script store reform

Impensus

So I have been thinking for a while of creating a massive thread, posting all the problems with the script market and then coming up with a viable solution for the OSBot community to discuss and finetune. This is by no means meant to be the way things should be done but a general idea for how things should change.

- Firstly one problem I think is with the way the overall store and auths for scripts are dealt with. Instead of scripters having to allocate      auths for script I think the store should be re designed and include a section for activating an auth for a time period the scripter sets to try  out the script. This is limited to once every X period set by the admins so maybe x hours every 2 weeks, every month etc.

I feel a store overhaul like this is long overdue, I think personally the store page should be able to include more, such as all relevant  information like the forum threads, to make looking at the scripts easier instead of just the key features. Also the ability to see important  information about the script such as if it is marked as broken by users. (one of my points coming up)

- Next I feel there should be a change to the cost of all scripts. I will explain how this will also benefit the community. Currently all our scripts are very very cheap compared to all the other sites. They mostly consist of one time payment scripts for a cheap cost and this creates a few problems. Firstly scripters can create scripts and leave them at a state where they work just enough to avoid being taken down and keep getting profit from the sales. Now if most scripts were changed to a monthly cost, not only would this give more of an incentive to scripters to maintain their script this will also provide a healthy competitiveness to OSBot as the scripters strive to create the best scripts with the best features in order to maintain the most paying monthly customers, as if they keep their script barely working they will be lucky to keep customers.

- Now my last improvement would be an area that everyone can access, a bug report section if you like. Each script has a section and in here the status of the script is set. Users can flag scripts as broken and here the developer can check all the reports. The users then can post detailed bug reports of what is wrong with the script and also the logs for the scripters to check. This stops post count farming from scripters and helps to keep the forums clean. It also helps people looking to buy scripts check the current status,

The way I envision this page is that Inside the section for the script users create a post with the title of the feature that is broken or if it is generally broke. The developer can then mark it as being fixed by him or a user error which then the resoluton can be posted inside. This helps users when buying the script and also helps ease the spam in chatbox. This also helps the admins enforce rules on scripts that are broken.

- We also need the outdated rules on no looting, buying or staking scripts to be removed. They would be some nice scripts for developers to make and there isn't really much positive reasoning for these to be banned from being released.

- Finally a bigger banner to tell people the bot is online on a Thursday would be nice, just to help ease the spam inside the chatbox smile.png

Let me know which ideas you agree or disagree with and post any improvements to the thread in hopes of some needed changes to the script market

Edit - As for monthly payments this may not be a good idea for scripts such as agility that people use just to rarely train accounts etc. Maybe this can just happen on scripts as money makers where you actually make the money back to pay for the scripts cost.

Edit v2 - To stop spam by users marking the script as broken when it isn't the scripter can set users who are trusted and have used the script a lot who are the only ones allowed to mark it as broken.

Edited by Impensus

• Administrator

- Firstly one problem I think is with the way the overall store and auths for scripts are dealt with. Instead of scripters having to allocate      auths for script I think the store should be re designed and include a section for activating an auth for a time period the scripter sets to try  out the script. This is limited to once every X period set by the admins so maybe x hours every 2 weeks, every month etc.

1. Multiple accounts, without them personally asking, we can't monitor multiple accounts.

2.  Some scripters don't want to give out trials. 

I feel a store overhaul like this is long overdue, I think personally the store page should be able to include more, such as all relevant  information like the forum threads, to make looking at the scripts easier instead of just the key features. Also the ability to see important  information about the script such as if it is marked as broken by users. (one of my points coming up)

You know there is an info button that takes you right to the script thread.  e0wNVsN.png

We can't possibly monitor all the broken scripts, all we can do is take reports as they come and then remove if they are broken for a substantial amount of time.

- Next I feel there should be a change to the cost of all scripts. I will explain how this will also benefit the community. Currently all our scripts are very very cheap compared to all the other sites. They mostly consist of one time payment scripts for a cheap cost and this creates a few problems. Firstly scripters can create scripts and leave them at a state where they work just enough to avoid being taken down and keep getting profit from the sales. Now if most scripts were changed to a monthly cost, not only would this give more of an incentive to scripters to maintain their script this will also provide a healthy competitiveness to OSBot as the scripters strive to create the best scripts with the best features in order to maintain the most paying monthly customers, as if they keep their script barely working they will be lucky to keep customers.

We tried monthly cost, and it didn't work. We have a system in place which makes us the best for new scripters to make money. This will definitely not change, the scripters have to maintain their scripts or they get removed from the sdn. If I get to many complaints/refund requests, I post in the thread or pm the user on skype and let them know about the complaints and that they have 24-48 hours to fix or it will be removed.

- Now my last improvement would be an area that everyone can access, a bug report section if you like. Each script has a section and in here the status of the script is set. Users can flag scripts as broken and here the developer can check all the reports. The users then can post detailed bug reports of what is wrong with the script and also the logs for the scripters to check. This stops post count farming from scripters and helps to keep the forums clean. It also helps people looking to buy scripts check the current status,

The way I envision this page is that Inside the section for the script users create a post with the title of the feature that is broken or if it is generally broke. The developer can then mark it as being fixed by him or a user error which then the resolution can be posted inside. This helps users when buying the script and also helps ease the spam in chatbox. This also helps the admins enforce rules on scripts that are broken.

This works in theory, except when the script is broken for 1 day because of an update, and I get 50+ threads for one script due to it being broken. Not going to happen, they can post in the thread saying it doesn't work or report the original thread letting us know it is broken. It isn't as easy as someone reporting it broken and removing the script or even doing research. You know how many times I get complained to that a script is broken and its literally as easy as starting in the bank instead of outside, as it CLEARLY says in the original post.  Your suggestion is exactly why the scripters are forced to make a public thread of their script with information and open to the public to post on + reviews. Letting people know if they are broken and if it has been fixed.

- We also need the outdated rules on no looting, buying or staking scripts to be removed. They would be some nice scripts for developers to make and there isn't really much positive reasoning for these to be banned from being released.

I agree on this, I've talked to eric and I'm not sure about this, I'll leave it for Alek to decide. I do think buying/staking scripts would be beneficial. I also think looting scripts should be released as FREE on the sdn, of course and a max of 1 per "loot" or an AIO looter.

- Finally a bigger banner to tell people the bot is online on a Thursday would be nice, just to help ease the spam inside the chatbox smile.png

This doesn't matter at all, we've had that, I've even erased the chat box rules and said "the bot is offline do not ask about it" in 48 font and red, and people still joined. Simply people will not read until they are told 50x in the chat box. K37rZb0.png This is good enough, people will learn or keep asking, either way we are here to address that and be as polite as we can when people are spamming. 

• Like 3

• Administrator

The rest of the ideas are good, but unfortunately the people who can make it happen don't want change. This will get summarily shot down and closed.

I don't mind change, it just has to be better than the system in place, or satisfy the customers and not just a few, the majority. When we have people that don't get involved with the community, its hard to please them. We've used this system for years, all our customers aren't going to like it if we change it up to satisfy a few people.

• Like 1

1. Multiple accounts, without them personally asking, we can't monitor multiple accounts.

You know there is an info button that takes you right to the script thread.  e0wNVsN.png

We can't possibly monitor all the broken scripts, all we can do is take reports as they come and then remove if they are broken for a substantial amount of time.

We tried monthly cost, and it didn't work. We have a system in place which makes us the best for new scripters to make money. This will definitely not change, the scripters have to maintain their scripts or they get removed from the sdn. If I get to many complaints/refund requests, I post in the thread or pm the user on skype and let them know about the complaints and that they have 24-48 hours to fix or it will be removed.

This works in theory, except when the script is broken for 1 day because of an update, and I get 50+ threads for one script due to it being broken. Not going to happen, they can post in the thread saying it doesn't work or report the original thread letting us know it is broken. It isn't as easy as someone reporting it broken and removing the script or even doing research. You know how many times I get complained to that a script is broken and its literally as easy as starting in the bank instead of outside, as it CLEARLY says in the original post.  Your suggestion is exactly why the scripters are forced to make a public thread of their script with information and open to the public to post on + reviews. Letting people know if they are broken and if it has been fixed.

I agree on this, I've talked to eric and I'm not sure about this, I'll leave it for Alek to decide. I do think buying/staking scripts would be beneficial. I also think looting scripts should be released as FREE on the sdn, of course and a max of 1 per "loot" or an AIO looter.

This doesn't matter at all, we've had that, I've even erased the chat box rules and said "the bot is offline do not ask about it" in 48 font and red, and people still joined. Simply people will not read until they are told 50x in the chat box. K37rZb0.png This is good enough, people will learn or keep asking, either way we are here to address that and be as polite as we can when people are spamming. 

I agree with some of this but there needs to be some way to improve how scripts are dealt with, it is a known fact that some scripters keep their scripts just above the standard they need to be at to avoid them being taken down, this needs to be changed and enforced more harshly.

I agree with some of this but there needs to be some way to improve how scripts are dealt with, it is a known fact that some scripters keep their scripts just above the standard they need to be at to avoid them being taken down, this needs to be changed and enforced more harshly.

The rest of the ideas are good, but unfortunately the people who can make it happen don't want change. This will get summarily shot down and closed.

Woah there, tiger. Remember that the people up top have opinions too. Whatever they feel is best, they'll do. Just because they don't take your suggestion does not mean they don't want change.

It's very easy to assume there are a bunch of easy fixes to make the OSBot script buying experience better from the outside. When you've been involved with the process as long as Maldesto/I have (especially as a scripter) you'd know we've tried all sorts of things. Most changes are reversed because they sound much better on paper than in practice. 

There are a lot of issues with your suggestions, Maldesto addressed them well. There are definitely some improvements to be had, but they are not so obvious.

• Like 3

Script authorizations were not intended to be "free script trials", that's something which scripters took upon themselves to do. The cost of scripts are fair, not sure where you are doing price comparisons but OSBot scripts (especially AIO) are typically a bit higher here. The bug report system would be a lot of development time for very little impact, use the script topic to communicate with the scripter.

Where does it say scripters can't release looting and staking scripts on the SDN?

I could have the entire webpage with a red background and big bold black text that says "OFFLINE", people will still come into the chatbox asking if the bot is online/offline.

• Like 2

Script authorizations were not intended to be "free script trials", that's something which scripters took upon themselves to do. The cost of scripts are fair, not sure where you are doing price comparisons but OSBot scripts (especially AIO) are typically a bit higher here. The bug report system would be a lot of development time for very little impact, use the script topic to communicate with the scripter.

Where does it say scripters can't release looting and staking scripts on the SDN?

I could have the entire webpage with a red background and big bold black text that says "OFFLINE", people will still come into the chatbox asking if the bot is online/offline.

As for the rules on those scripts not being allowed I am pretty sure they are somewhere in the script section, mald raised this question too regarding why these type of scripts are not allowed

As for pricing I can show you some comparisons but you probably already know the site as it's quite large

And as for all your other points fair enough