New Method to sell rsgp: Buy OSBot vouchers with rsgp then resell for paypal

NoahTheWeebWolf

Sadly my method to safely sell gold was thwarted

Attention fellow gold sellers 

Thanks to a discovery made by @protowill apparently giftcards.com has a dumb restriction on paypal transactions and I was misinformed  by the woman I spoke with. I apologize if anyone has used the method yet.

However... The method in concept is not in error https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/template-management/prepaid-gift-cards

Apparently Paypal has no real issue with using prepaid gift cards from Visa,Mastercard and American Express(discover discontinued their prepaid gift cards back in march 2015). So in theory if another site similar to giftcards.com was found whereby you could buy a prepaid gift card from these banks and have it deliver through email without the dumb restriction on paypal the method is possible. I am an EXTREMELY busy person and despite spending a good few hours few nights ago I couldn't find a site quite like giftcards.com(with email delivery I mean). So for now I am going to stick to bit coin only (coinbase.com is the biggest site for that I think and they're fairly simple to use).

However I am curious if OSBot vouchers might be a viable alternative. If OSBot vouchers could be safely sold for paypal money it seems simple enough. The only issue is determining how this would be done. Would there be some sort of seller protection or would it be classed under virtual goods and thus have no recourse? If it isn't there just might be a chance this could work.

Actually I just realized something. Suppose you sold gold for an OSbot voucher(which is nonrefundable). And then you sold that same OSBot voucher for money over paypal. Even if you did get charged back you could still get your OSbot voucher back via the dispute system here. If you had evidence to show the chargeback happened I doubt it'd be hard for a supermod+ to go on the scammers osbot profile and deduct their OSbot vouchers and return them to you. From there you can resell the stolen voucher for the money you had stolen on Paypal and it's like nothing ever went wrong.

Edited by NoahTheWisewolf

why would they just not use pp in first place ...

Because while you can't take back gold stolen you can theoretically take back osbot vouchers stolen via supermod+ powers.

If staff are aware someone has scammed and are able to punish the scammer they will  do so within their power. I only had acess to the ACP for a short time and I am assuming OSBot vouchers can be edited if so it wouldn't be complex to deduct the scammers vouchers relative to the scam and then return them to the victim.

^^^ confused as to what the fuck you plan on doing Noah

Please re-read my response.

I swear it makes a lot of sense it's not at all complex.

1. sell gold for osbot voucher eqaul to dollar amount

2. sell osbot voucher eqaul to dollar amount over paypal

3. if buyer files dispute on paypal to get their moneyback you can request that mods retrieve the vouchers you sold

4. conclusion you can get your osbot vouchers you sold but you can't retrieve gp.

Making this a potentially viable method to sell gold safely without risk of scam

Edited by NoahTheWisewolf

Because while you can't take back gold stolen you can theoretically take back osbot vouchers stolen via supermod+ powers.

If staff are aware someone has scammed and are able to punish the scammer they will  do so within their power. I only had acess to the ACP for a short time and I am assuming OSBot vouchers can be edited if so it wouldn't be complex to deduct the scammers vouchers relative to the scam and then return them to the victim.

3. if buyer files dispute on paypal to get their moneyback you can request that mods retrieve the vouchers you sold

4. conclusion you can get your osbot vouchers you sold but you can't retrieve gp.

Making this a potentially viable method to sell gold safely without risk of scam

Seems like too much bullshit people don't want to bother going through

Seems like too much bullshit people don't want to bother going through

perhaps not and I don't care about them. I care about not getting scammed and helping others not getting scammed.

It's really not complicated at all it's more complicated for the seller than the buyer.

You'd sell the gold the same way you would but instead of being paid over paypal you'd be paid via osbot.

You'd sell the osbot vouchers like you would anything else over paypal.

While it may not be adopted by everyone some may be fine with it and if they are great they're going to likely avoid a lot of scams.

Interesting idea but it just sounds like a lot of unnecessary work. If you are this worried about being scammed then just sell to a big reseller. 

Using this method, you would be forced to find someone willing to pay you in vouchers at a set price of x per mil, then you would also have to find someone willing to buy your voucher at that same price in order to not lose money on the transaction. If there was a way that you could verify the sell through osbot and use that in a paypal dispute on a voucher, then I could see this possibly being worth it for the casual gold seller that only sells every so often.

OSbot will be the ones at loss. What if the user who received the voucher had already spent that money on a script? When you put forward a dispute to receive the voucher back, it's already spent? You also have to consider supply and demand for vouchers. People already do this anyway, they just don't receive paypal in return because there's really no point.

I'm also confused with the whole giftcard thing? Instead of transferring money into your bank account did you recieve gift cards IRL to use on IRL items? Or use the pre-paid gift cards to buy gold?