OSBot running at 96% CPU on a 4core VPS

walterww

My VPS has 4cores and 2gb ram, yet I can't run a fletching script because it uses up too much CPU power. Is this an issue with everyone else using a VPS with OSBot?

Can anyone recommend VPS', or tell me when this will get fixed? I have a feeling it's just the nature of the client.

Are you using a paid vps or did you set up your own windows VPS?

2ghz should run it fine, if its one dedicated core. Overstacked/oversold is probably the real issue at play here.

Guy is a reputable VPS seller, he showed me the node that it was running on and it was 40% used. I am running Centos5 on it.

I am currently testing another VPS to see if it's the same, but I have a feeling it's OSBot.

Can anyone recommend me a VPS supplier? I want to see if it really is the VPS or not.

Define "core", whos your hosting provider? What script are you using? Did Low CPU fix it or no?

It's extrmescripts fletching script - other "low click" scripts work ok, but still at ridiculous cpu %. Low CPU? I'm not sure what that setting is, but I imagine a click-intensive script such as a fletching script requires high CPU power anyway.

edit: I'm pretty sure it's not the VPS because I am running another mirror mode at 80% CPU.. and that actually runs higher CPU% on my own PC than OSBot does. So go figure.

Edited by Dex

Well he is on a pretty strong dedicated server.  And we do not oversell, at all.  The server has plenty of logical cores as well as the virtual cores run other clients properly.  4vCores at 2.66ghz is MORE than enough to run it.  This is the CPU usage on the node he is on dced8399f6112f0d7bcec26422a4a38a.png

https://gyazo.com/dced8399f6112f0d7bcec26422a4a38a

This is a new issue, was running fine the other day, although nobody else has reported the same issue; however, I was able to reproduce the same error on a VPS that was on a less populated node.

There is MORE than enough CPU on my nodes to go around, as well as RAM.

• Like 1

The problem is virtual cores vs real cores. 4 virtual cores are shared by many people, and since everyone on those nodes are likely botting OSRS you're going to run into some issues.

It's embarrassing that tr1b0t can run mirror mode with a lower cpu% than osbot can run stealth mode - did you even read the posts?

This was in stealth mode btw. Khaleesi this is a cpu issue not ram.

Edited by walterww

It's embarrassing that tr1b0t can run mirror mode with a lower cpu% than osbot can run stealth mode - did you even read the posts?

Well since its a cpu issue how about providing a unix bench result? to show the actual power of the server.

Injection uses fuck all resources for me. Provide a benchmark.

Also, type "w" into your Linux terminal before and during botting and share your results.

Edited by Bobrocket