Features

- Solves Treasure Trail puzzle boxes
- Solves Monkey Madness puzzle

Requirements

- A puzzle box of any type

Starting the script

1. Open your puzzle box

2. Start the script

Note: Yes, the puzzlebox must be open before starting the script!

Proggies

I don't really think this is relevant; but whatever

f0171d2ec45cb79ba39f35a68a433b9d.png

Notes

The script uses an implementation of the IDA* algorithm. The time it takes for the script to calculate a solution to each stage of the puzzle can vary depending on the "luck" with the puzzle box randomization as well as processor speed. If your luck is bad, the script may appear stuck calculating for a couple of minutes; however, given enough time, the algorithm will always reach a solution. In some cases however, it may be faster to simply relog (relogging re-randomizes the puzzle) and run the script again.

The script is available for free on the SDN

Edited by FrostBug
  • Like 20

Wow! i couldn't find any beta on writing one of these. Did you use an already implemented version of the algo to write this or did you write a mini puzzle api based on the algo from scratch? Ida* for this kind of thing is interesting, impressed that you managed to make a puzzlebox solver wiv dat pf algo x)

• Like 1

Wow! i couldn't find any beta on writing one of these. Did you use an already implemented version of the algo to write this or did you write a mini puzzle api based on the algo from scratch? Ida* for this kind of thing is interesting, impressed that you managed to make a puzzlebox solver wiv dat pf algo x)

I ended up writing a sortof custom variation of the IDA* algorithm to use a minimal amount of memory (Using only one state instance, performing and undoing moves on it as needed from a recursive algorithm). My first approach using plain A* resultet in often running out of memory before reaching a solution, so I had to scratch that :E.

• Like 2

I ended up writing a sortof custom variation of the IDA* algorithm to use a minimal amount of memory (Using only one state instance, performing and undoing moves on it as needed from a recursive algorithm). My first approach using plain A* resultet in often running out of memory before reaching a solution, so I had to scratch that :E.

did some brief research and it seems for sliding puzzles that the most common implementation seems to be ida*

http://n-puzzle-solver.appspot.com/

apa