APA Gilded Altar

Apaec

On 6/11/2023 at 3:33 PM, omfg2hko said:

This script is great when it works but i find it constantly going to houses that dont have the altars lit up, is there anyway to add the ability to type in a username for a choice house instead of the script randomly picking one?

Hmm. The script should make sure that the house has an altar, but I don't think there's a way of telling whether the burners are lit from the POH UI. I could potentially add a username override but I didn't want to complicate the script UI. If I can find a nice way of adding this to the config, then this is definitely something I can add. Have added it to my to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion!

-Apa

21 hours ago, omfg2hko said:

thanks for looking into it, or just have the script go to some of the top houses, i see it usually go for someone in the middle, but normally only the top 3 or 4 houses actually get used for prayer.

Thanks for the feedback! I've made a note to try and improve the house-choosing algorithm

-Apa

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CSGOslave said:

This script runs really good, and does it's job.

A small suggestion would be to add a failsafe for this error. I found my bot standing outside spamming visit last. If that is disaplyed then use view and find a new house :)
LawyBR9.png

Good catch, thanks for sharing this! I've identified how the script can get into this state, and i'll push a fix within the next couple of days.

-Apa

On 7/15/2023 at 11:07 AM, CSGOslave said:

This script runs really good, and does it's job.

A small suggestion would be to add a failsafe for this error. I found my bot standing outside spamming visit last. If that is disaplyed then use view and find a new house :)
LawyBR9.png

Small script update: I've just fixed this bug in v2.01.

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...

Using this script for the first time and I did what was stated:

- Cash and Noted big bones in inventory

- Began the script logged in at the rimmington house portal w330

Script would run to phials and unnote bones, then 'check for suitable hosts' of which there was like 8 to 10 at the time. But would'nt find any suitable host and log out. Rinse and repeated this 3 times until:

- Cash, noted and unnoted bones in inventory

- Found a house myself and entered it BEFORE beginning the script

After this it worked fine and ended up choosing a different host house for all trips after that.

So it works, but it maybe just bugged for me?

27 minutes ago, Benderson said:

Using this script for the first time and I did what was stated:

- Cash and Noted big bones in inventory

- Began the script logged in at the rimmington house portal w330

Script would run to phials and unnote bones, then 'check for suitable hosts' of which there was like 8 to 10 at the time. But would'nt find any suitable host and log out. Rinse and repeated this 3 times until:

- Cash, noted and unnoted bones in inventory

- Found a house myself and entered it BEFORE beginning the script

After this it worked fine and ended up choosing a different host house for all trips after that.

So it works, but it maybe just bugged for me?

Hmm, I'm not sure why that'd be. Perhaps a recent game update has changed the interface, meaning the script is struggling to detect a host...

Are you running in mirror mode? And are you on fixed mode (i.e., non-resizeable mode?)

-Apa

Hey bro! Been using your script last two days and its most excellent!

Just wanted to post a disclaimer/possible script update. For those that don't know there's currently a grief method with player owned houses and a bug that allows the removal of the house portal from the garden while still allowing players in to their house. Ultimately the script will end up breaking at command "Web-walking to Rimmington" and just stand in the players house indefinitely.

Suggesting to add a check to see if you are stuck in the players house and after several fails of the web-walking command can trigger the script to look for a teleport in the inventory or just manually stop/break the script and log-out so that you can leave the house and restart. Not sure if there's a way to also collect the players name when this happens and avoid their house in the future

Definitely super suspect when you're trapped in someones house just standing there idling! :o

17 hours ago, 07BotClient said:

Hey bro! Been using your script last two days and its most excellent!

Just wanted to post a disclaimer/possible script update. For those that don't know there's currently a grief method with player owned houses and a bug that allows the removal of the house portal from the garden while still allowing players in to their house. Ultimately the script will end up breaking at command "Web-walking to Rimmington" and just stand in the players house indefinitely.

Suggesting to add a check to see if you are stuck in the players house and after several fails of the web-walking command can trigger the script to look for a teleport in the inventory or just manually stop/break the script and log-out so that you can leave the house and restart. Not sure if there's a way to also collect the players name when this happens and avoid their house in the future

Definitely super suspect when you're trapped in someones house just standing there idling! :o

Hey,

Thanks for this info! Definitely an interesting situation to handle 😆. I'll try and think of a good way to deal with this, but I would recommend in the mean time keeping an eye on the script. Inevitable, as the script depends on game content controlled by other players, it's more susceptible to breaking in this way, so best to babysit it when possible.

4 hours ago, Apaec said:

Hey,

Thanks for this info! Definitely an interesting situation to handle 😆. I'll try and think of a good way to deal with this, but I would recommend in the mean time keeping an eye on the script. Inevitable, as the script depends on game content controlled by other players, it's more susceptible to breaking in this way, so best to babysit it when possible.

Like I said, I think best temporary solution would be to just break/disable the script upon failing to Web-walk X amount of times as a fail-safe if you get trapped.

Could also have it log-out/log-in upon being trapped (as this would force you outside the house) but that might just send you into an infinite loop of returning to the same house and logging.. Would need to be written in combination with Username logging/Blocking (If at all possible!) My scripting knoledge is limited so I could be talking nonsense here 😂 

This is all based on the notion of this being a long-term bug. I saw it pop-up on Reddit last week but havent heard much of it since. Best to plan on it being a long-term problem. I agree though, just keep an eye on it for now 👍 Good luck!

Edited by 07BotClient
  • Like 1