How hard is it to make this?

hurbar3

Is that script (by chance...) owned by someone ranked higher than "official scripter"? If so, I'm not surprised at all, as I've seen a similar thing happen in the past. Scripters are allowing such things to happen, though.

Like I said, America would not be America if it weren't for soon-to-be Americans pushing for what they felt was justifiable. I do agree with Elliot when he implied instilling fear was not the most professional way to go about it. But when all else fails...

You are correct about the rank :P

Edited by Czar

Just to clarify for fixthissite, the "poll" Czar was referring to was so far off base that it almost had no relation to the actual discussion, and thus was discarded as not-useful.

I've pushed for change in the past, sometimes successfully, sometimes not, but the post important thing is to present the real facts as they exist in reality as to not discredit yourself before any meaningful discussion can take place.

Anyways I'm out of this thread sorry for contributing to the slight derail @OP.

I know you probably don't care for what I think, but I feel the "facts" statement you made was extremely hypocritical.

You said scripters do not care, but they do. Maybe you don't, but how could you try and speak for all scripters when there are scripters complaining on this thread? You say you haven't seen anyone send a PM to an admin/dev when that information doesn't have to get to you in the first place.. I know a few scripters who are friends (you and Eric for starters), and although there may be rivals, which is common in a competitive market, I'm sure they can get together to agree on script market decisions. Hopefully they do.

I'll leave you alone now. You have my skype if you wanna talk.

• Like 3

To answer OPs question, it isn't that hard.

I am working on it, I'll release it for free (hopefully on the SDN) as my first script in 2 years lol.

Currently I am still implementing the action system and making sure it gets saved properly etc...

When that is working it won't be hard to actually execute those actions.

Actions I want to implement:

1. Walking (done)
  2. Loops, do this 10 times, infinitely, maybe more stuff if it is needed (I am probably overthinking this)
  3. Buying from NPC named X with option X and amount X
  4. Banking 

FROPqXj.png

x4klfYq.png

• Like 1

On-topic:

The script would be fairly easy to make for any person already familiar with scripting. If you don't know Java or how to script then no, it wouldn't be easy.

Off-topic:

The reason those scripts are not allowed has little to nothing to do with scripts crashing prices. I was speaking with Alek the other day and historically scripters who have released those scripts have made quick sales, left the scripts to rot, then left OSBot with a bunch of refunds to deal with.

Do I feel these scripts should not be allowed (as premium) because of this? Absolutely not, they should just be vetted for quality like every other script, fear of abandonment is a lame excuse in my personal opinion, but I don't make the rules and people around here rarely change their minds.

So what if im not wanting to sell? just for personal use?