osbot strawpoll

Beezmans

Religion has arguably done nothing good nor bad since it is still simply people spreading and acting upon their own opinions. I am an athiest by education.

You took two ideas that are known as wrong by the ENTIRE world and one idea that is ownly thought to be wrong by ONE community (religion) and said they are the same. You would be just as acurate comparing Peaches to the moon. Both are round must be connected some how.

It's a lot more accurate of a comparison than you think. Both homosexuality and child molestation are not natural, sure there are some rare cases that occur in nature, but if it's rare it's not natural. As you may know most people who are gay, are gay because of a chemical imbalance in their brain. Same can be said with those who molest children. Having a chemical imbalance does indeed mean you have a illness. So yes being gay is a mental illness. You think child molesters decided to become child molesters? No they have a mental illness, just like the gays. 

well... part of my thinks 'why not' but then i saw beyond two mens love for eachother. There would be other repercussions especially when it comes to children. It would cause all sorts of legal issues, and so on.

Also, for people saying being gay isn't a mental illness, well, it is. Although I wouldn't categorise it as an illness moreover a 'mental difference' between people. Being gay isn't necessarily bad, it's just not... normal. The point of love / attraction between males and females is to bring a man and woman together so that they can reproduce and the human race can continue. If gay people were designed then obviously reproduction wouldn't be possible and therefore the race would die out. Therefore, in that respect, it's a mental setback. But with so many people on the planet, at the moment I believe gayness is harmless.

So I voted yes, but I really do understand why people voted no. Infact I was on the verge of voting no myself

[/speech]

It's a lot more accurate of a comparison than you think. Both homosexuality and child molestation are not natural, sure there are some rare cases that occur in nature, but if it's rare it's not natural. As you may know most people who are gay, are gay because of a chemical imbalance in their brain. Same can be said with those who molest children. Having a chemical imbalance does indeed mean you have a illness. So yes being gay is a mental illness. You think child molesters decided to become child molesters? No they have a mental illness, just like the gays. 

The troll is real.

well... part of my thinks 'why not' but then i saw beyond two mens love for eachother. There would be other repercussions especially when it comes to children. It would cause all sorts of legal issues, and so on.

Also, for people saying being gay isn't a mental illness, well, it is. Although I wouldn't categorise it as an illness moreover a 'mental difference' between people. Being gay isn't necessarily bad, it's just not... normal. The point of love / attraction between males and females is to bring a man and woman together so that they can reproduce and the human race can continue. If gay people were designed then obviously reproduction wouldn't be possible and therefore the race would die out. Therefore, in that respect, it's a mental setback. But with so many people on the planet, at the moment I believe gayness is harmless.

So I voted yes, but I really do understand why people voted no. Infact I was on the verge of voting no myself

[/speech]

Corolation does not equal causation. There is no actual proof that it is a mental illness, there is in fact proof that it is not. You have sided with the, "I'm going to believe my opinion because it makes sense to me" side which is foolish. Just as you have made the corolation that humanity requires the opposite sex to get together to reproduce, I could make the argument that we have over-populated the earth and Homosexuality is natures way of halting reporduction in order to sustain the planet. That would make it as natural as it can possibly get.

Edited by Breton

Do you understand that the entire reason you are here is because of a series of "rare" mutations that led you to develop and evolve into what humans are today?

Rare is good. It is natural.

The troll is real.

Corolation does not equal causation. There is no actual proof that it is a mental illness, there is in fact proof that it is not. You have sided with the, "I'm going to believe my opinion because it makes sense to me" side which is foolish. Just as you have made the corolation that humanity requires the opposite sex to get together to reproduce, I could make the argument that we have over-populated the earth and Homosexuality is natures way of halting reporduction in order to sustain the planet. That would make it as natural as it can possibly get.

It is a mental illness. If not, then why are people gay?

It is a mental illness. If not, then why are people gay?

You are committing the following argumentative fallacies:

"Argument from ignorance" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance 

"Affirming a Disjunct" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_a_disjunct

"Faulty Generalizations" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

I recommend you learn how to construct an argument.

Edited by Breton

You are committing the following argumentative fallacies:

"Argument from ignorance" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance 

"Affirming a Disjunct" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_a_disjunct

"Faulty Generalizations" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

I recommend you learn how to construct an argument.

You should use that since in the previous post above you said there is no proof that there is or that there isn't. There was no point in you even replying if that was the case. Let me ask you this question. You said that homosexuality is normal and should not be considered a mental illness, you provided a theory on how mother nature is taking it's course and breeding out more homosexuals so we won't overpopulate the earth, if all this is true, then wouldn't grown men be attracted to children be normal as well because children can't reproduce? Wouldn't mother nature also produce more of these to stop us from overpopulating the earth?

Bottom line. Homosexuality is a mental illness. If you don't want  to consider it a mental illness, don't consider people who like little children and who fuck animals to be mentally ill. You can't have one without having the other.

• Like 1