Help with pk'ing

Code

if you don't want to lose resources find a private server - the game mechanics won't be the same as old school but knowing when to eat switch etc i found useful.

Also you could practise at the duel arena with a friend or even in the wild with a friend - despite this, it really isn't difficult and you don't need to be great at switching and 1ticking to get a kill depending on your account. For example - a granite maul pure can get a kill even if they're terrible, it's just down to the RNG on the spec :) 

I'm not very good, but I find it enjoyable..

Are there any tips to help me improve in general? smile.png

The key to good pking is knowing when EXACTLY to eat, when to switch weps. I've been 'combo breaking' for half a year, it's when you switch to 2 special weapons after you've hit with your main weapon. Example --> Rune knives --> Dark bow NORMAL shot --> Gmaul spec. If you time this correctly your opponent has like no chance in the fight.

To make things short --> know that when you've eaten you won't hit your opponent always as fast as you want, try getting on a private server and use the combo i told you about ;)

it really is all about practice. Back in october i looted an ags off the ground in a pvp world during a dc. Not joking i did. I then bought 20k shark and a shit load of other pking supples. I went through 60m in supplies and at the end of it when i only had around 10m left i finally learned just enough to profit pk. Since then i only make my money from pure pking. The reality of it is, practice is the only way you're going to get better.

Best thing to start with is a good build. After that what I like to do is watch pking vids of that build to see how people use it(the way they switch/spec weapons they use). After that the best thing to do is just to go and start pking. The only way to get good at it is to do it. The first couple times in the wild your hands will get cold and youll start shaking. This is normal, happens to me when ever I stop pking and come back for the first time. Best way to get rid of it is just to keep fighting. After a few deaths and a couple kills you'll begin to get the hand of it. 

I suggest you start with a easy and cheap build such as a 1/60/1 obby mauler. Then move on to mains/zerkers/maxed pures.

You can drink a sara brew straight after eating food.

You can eat a Karambwan straight after drinking the sara brew.

This strategy will get you through most situations, even if being rushed.

If you have Vengeance, this will help you massively. 

Wait until your opponent is on around 70% of their max HP, cast vengeance, switch to your special weapon and go for it.

If they hit you nicely, the vengeance and the special attack combined should destroy them.

There are several spawn pking servers you can use to perfect your timing skills.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...