ServerGeeks LTD Mirror Client (Trial & Error)(Research&Information) All you Need to Know (Post Questions & Get Answers) From GeekServers

RServiceGeeks

Honestly, the mirror client needs to become compatible with Linux for mirror VPS's to become viable. ATM the windows ones are far too expensive due to the resource requirements of mirror mode.

That day will be awesome biggrin.png

I agree, either that or OSbot could perhaps come out with a client that uses less resources that the old school client does, because that is what uses up a shit loads of CPU. 

I agree, either that or OSbot could perhaps come out with a client that uses less resources that the old school client does, because that is what uses up a shit loads of CPU. 

I run mirror mode with Old school in a browser, and it doesn't take up too much in terms of resources. It's mirror mode that is the problem in this instance.

Oh, yea I know about Virtual machines man. My issue is with the resource usage (specifically CPU) of the mirror mode client. VMs use your computers resources, so it makes no difference. Whereas VPS's have their own resources.. you just remotely connect to set up the bot.

• Like 1

Oh, yea I know about Virtual machines man. My issue is with the resource usage (specifically CPU) of the mirror mode client. VMs use your computers resources, so it makes no difference. Whereas VPS's have their own resources.. you just remotely connect to set up the bot.

I know. But for my uses it makes sense to use a VM as I own the hardware and I have the resources to spare.

Can I ask what CPU you have, and how many bots you can run as a result?

It's hidden in my thread, but I have an i5 3570k quad core. I was running three OS'S at the same time while writing the guide lol. I'd estimate I could probably do up to three mirror mode. I'm sure I could do two comfortably and maybe another legit client not on the VM. I could also try some overclocking :)

It's hidden in my thread, but I have an i5 3570k quad core. I was running three OS'S at the same time while writing the guide lol. I'd estimate I could probably do up to three mirror mode. I'm sure I could do two comfortably and maybe another legit client not on the VM. I could also try some overclocking smile.png

Lol, I have the same exact CPU. I can run 2 whilst browsing the web, but my CPU will fluctuate 90-100%. It's not ideal. Wish it wasn't so resource intensive.

Lol, I have the same exact CPU. I can run 2 whilst browsing the web, but my CPU will fluctuate 90-100%. It's not ideal. Wish it wasn't so resource intensive.

Yeah sounds about right. Before I came here I checked out Advertising other bots isn't allowed.. I think they have a similar mode but it doesn't hook into another client. They claim it's undetectable. Maybe there is a way to cut the info displayed on the osbot side to reduce the cpu usage.