Question

Woody

I'm not planing on releasing any premium scripts. I want to release free scripts.

I find it pity that some people release scripts as premium when it should be for free. Like ghoul killer for instance sleep.png

Easy-made scripts should not be premium. wink.png

Oh boy, I can tell that you've not been around when rsbot was the most popular bot. So many good, free scripts made by kind people.

Easy to make should be free, because it's easy to make it.

Hard to make should be premium if wanted, because the person devote a lot of their free time to the project; should be rewarded. wink.png

"Easy-made" is hard to objectify since you can make anything relatively complex.

If you want to make free scripts, I suggest you find something without a direct premium counterpart, there are still plenty of untouched niches. The script market is tough as it is, having to compete with free is fighting a lost battle.

Oh boy, I can tell that you've not been around when rsbot was the most popular bot. So many good, free scripts made by kind people.

Easy to make should be free, because it's easy to make it.

Hard to make should be premium if wanted, because the person devote a lot of their free time to the project; should be rewarded. wink.png

Theres a reason rsbot is no longer popular

Theres a reason rsbot is no longer popular

I lol'd actually.

The reason rsbot is no longer popular as it was before, has nothing to do with the amount of free scripts.

"Easy-made" is hard to objectify since you can make anything relatively complex.

If you want to make free scripts, I suggest you find something without a direct premium counterpart, there are still plenty of untouched niches. The script market is tough as it is, having to compete with free is fighting a lost battle.

I understand you. It is obvious if there is a really good AIO script, it should not compete with a free version. But some premium scripts should really not be premium, specifically scripts like ghoul killer, granite miner, cannonball smither and many more.

Edited by Woody