Private Scripts

Takeoff

I am unclear as to why private scripts are not allowed, I'm assuming because there is no profit for the developers (not to be cynical)?     but if that were the case it could function on the repository where the script writer takes into account the cut he OSbot will take before quoting a price,  just list the script anonymously as to what it is and who it is for (to protect buyer from spam), just my thought. 

I love the idea of private scripts being able to be anonymously put onto SDN. And allow private scripting.
Maybe only allow very highly regarded scripters to make them, like 3 or 4 guys, and possibly have it where they pay 25$-100$ to get the rank so it proves they're not a money grab and it gives osbot devs some extra money.

Lets face it I'm sure people still buy and sell private scripts.. Everyone knows how to use skype.
Scripters wanna make money and if someone messages them offering them 50$+ to make a script they most likely will take it and osbot would never know.

• Like 1

There is no proof of purchase when it comes to intellectual property (scripts).

Oh yea good point, but scripters can add & remove access to scripts from within the script via forum name iirc, so the buyer would be fking themself, unless the method goes bad or some other reason. But yea that makes sense. 

edit; wait isn't that a potential problem already for scripts already on the repo? And with OSbot being a company of sorts I'd like to think they'd win any possible disputes. 

Edited by Takeoff

Scripters make a script used on the developers' bot.

The developers worked hard to make the bot and maintain it.

With private scripts you get a script that is used on their bot.

The scripter earns money because of that and the developers are left with nothing.

Thats why.

Did you not read my post at all..? I suggested how the devs can make their cut off of private scripts, while keeping them private..

• Like 1