Proxy Setup [Purchase --> Client Configuration]

Tyrael

Hey guys, been seeing a lot of requests in the ShoutBox for assistance with setting up a private socks proxy with OSB. So off we go biggrin.png

• You're going to need to purchase a private socks proxy
    • YES, there are millions of free proxies out there, I cannot stress enough how ridiculously quick you will get perm banned with no chance of appeal using a free proxy.
  • For purchasing I highly reccommend virmach.com
    • I can personally vouch for their proxies, they are in fact new, and never recycled. They will also allow you to change your IP once for free per billing cycle

Why do I need a proxy?

1. ​If you're botting on a connection that has previously had a ban/warning tied to it
    1. it may be wise to consider using a proxy. As soon as Jagex hits you with a ban, your IP will sooner or later be flagged, (obviously Jagex will not say, 'Hey, we're watching your IP!', so best to err on the side of caution and change/buy a proxy as soon as this happens).
  2. If you're sharing a connection with other botters
    1. Public cafe, dorm room, school lab, anything public that you cannot verify has NOT had a ban tied to it, again, best to err on the side of caution.
  3. I'll be back to add more reasons later.

Purchasing Your New Proxy

1. As I stated earlier, I have grown to trust and will swear by Virmach.com, so that is the site I'll be using for this guide.
  2. Proceed to this link: http://vpsgamers.com/runescape-botting-private-proxy/
  3. The option you'll want to purchase is:Y15oF3V.png
  4. Go with the Premium option, this is on the newer subnet, meaning you're less likely to encounter an IP that's had a run in with Jagex. Also the premium option allows you to change your IP for free once per billing cycle.
  5. After you hit order now, you'll have to create a hostname, which can be anything, ex:xhpnUVP.png
  6. You do NOT want the $5 premium support. Because fuck all that noise, you will never use it.
  7. Your root password will be the password you enter into OSBot, so document it and do not forget it.
  8. After your purchase concludes, you'll get an email from the site saying your proxy is ready to use -- 'RS Proxy Information (Ready)' disregard the first email that comes through from the site.
  9. Once you have that email, onto the client end!

Configuring OSBot with your new Proxy

1. The email you receive from Virmach will look like this: ZbKuI9I.png
  2. Remember root will always be your username for utilizing this proxy. The username you configured on the site will only be for managing the virtualized server running your proxy.
  3. Now open up OSBot, and check 'Enable Proxy' and 'Enable Proxy Authentication'
  4. Enter the information from boxes 1, 2, 3 above into OSBot's 'Proxy Host', 'Proxy Port', and 'Proxy User' respectively. 'Proxy Password' will be the password you initially set in the early purchase phase.
  5. RYfGHVG.png
  6. Click launch! If the bot shows a connection error in the debug window, you entered something incorrectly or there is an issue with your proxy. (I've never had the latter occur, but it could happen.)

If you have any questions, post or yell at me in the shoutbox. 

Will add more detail/formatting later, Goat is freakin the fuck out in chat -.-

Edited by hitmanice
  • Like 8

What if you move between places? Will this update to my current ip?

The idea of an OSB proxy, is that you're representing yourself to RS using the proxy info you input, so wherever you go, it will always appear to Jagex as though you're accessing RuneScape from your proxied address.

The only thing that sucks ass about using proxies with osbot is that you can't open multiple bots with different proxies. You have to load a another client.

True, but hey, if you're really botting that many accounts that you need multiple clients, maybe it's time to look into a VPS ;b

Site gave me a new proxy and an extra day since the error was indeed on their part. Up and running now biggrin.png

Yea, that site is a really solid site. They've always been great to me as well.

• 1 month later...