How do i change my ip?

The Hero of Time

Your router settings have nothing to do with it. The router just assigns you a local network ip. Typically the way it works is either

A) you have a dynamic ip (typical for most personal Internet users)

if this is the case, your isp will typically reassign ip addresses to every client every 0 to 24 hours, just depends when your isp decides to do it. It could not even be daily. If a client is connected to the network and already has an ip, they maintain the same ip. if you are disconnected at this time of reassignment, you have no ip. When you reconnect your router you will then be assigned a new dynamic ip. The way to reset a dynamic ip is to be disconnected at the time of reassignment.

B) you have a static ip (typical for business grade internet/servers)

if this is the case, you can call and get a new ip assigned to you.

You are probably in case A.

Your router settings have nothing to do with it. The router just assigns you a local network ip. Typically the way it works is either

A) you have a dynamic ip (typical for most personal Internet users)

if this is the case, your isp will typically reassign ip addresses to every client every 0 to 24 hours, just depends when your isp decides to do it. It could not even be daily. If a client is connected to the network and already has an ip, they maintain the same ip. if you are disconnected at this time of reassignment, you have no ip. When you reconnect your router you will then be assigned a new dynamic ip. The way to reset a dynamic ip is to be disconnected at the time of reassignment.

cool.png you have a static ip (typical for business grade internet/servers)

if this is the case, you can call and get a new ip assigned to you.

You are probably in case A.

nah my ip didnt change, made a screenshot back in 10 october, still same ip today

also, can i do something with this

7a78ced4cd.png

94d1279672.png

Edited by The Hero of Time