Theodore Bagwell

23 members have voted

1. 1. Osbot should change the bot/site layout

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Osbot should remove the account selling section

• Yes
    • No

I agree with everything here. I've noticed that recently the amount of users has been increasing, to bad that growth won't flourish. OSBot could have been the biggest bot on the market but the people who run it are completely retarded (besides @Alek of course, I'm not sure why he still wastes his talents here). Not once have I seen any sort of advertising technique being used by the staff or even a simple community event (no that shitty ridle hunt or whatever you want to call it doesn't count).

Oh, and weren't we supposed to have a completely new domain name with RS3 bot support like 2 months ago? And webwalking over a year ago? It's pathetic seeing the administration kill their own product.

Beautifully said. OSBot had so much potential a year ago, but the developers grew complacent and, instead of furthering OSBot to make it better, they decided to slack off. When's the last time anyone's heard from @Maxi? What has @Laz done for OSBot in the past several months? And what's with this RS3 bot thing... That's not gonna fix anything. OSBot and RS3 makes me think of a fish flailing about when it's out of the water, desperately trying to go back in. The only reason this fish is still alive is because @Alek is putting forth so much effort to keep it alive (and for that we owe @Alek much gratitude).

• Like 2

Beautifully said. OSBot had so much potential a year ago, but the developers grew complacent and, instead of furthering OSBot to make it better, they decided to slack off. When's the last time anyone's heard from @Maxi? What has @Laz done for OSBot in the past several months? And what's with this RS3 bot thing... That's not gonna fix anything. OSBot and RS3 makes me think of a fish flailing about when it's out of the water, desperately trying to go back in. The only reason this fish is still alive is because @Alek is putting forth so much effort to keep it alive (and for that we owe @Alek much gratitude).

And let's be honest if @Alek left OSBot right now none of us would blame him.

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of what you've said. I've tried so many times to make OSBot a better place. You learn rather quickly it simply isn't going to happen under the current owners. It's a shame, but it's their site and they've quite deliberately put it where it is right now. OSBot has been a great resource in my life and has connected me with some seriously amazing people, and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I gave up trying to influence big changes long ago.

As far as less scripts, that's to be expected. When OSBot 1 was new people made new scripts because nobody was buying scripts yet and nobody knew what they were doing. Free scripts were often written by newer scipters to prove their competence. We don't see many new scripters these days.

I'm not trying to bash OSBot, it has done a lot of great things for me (and still does), but I wouldn't wait for any massive changes, they just won't happen. 

• Like 2

I agree with a lot of what you've said. I've tried so many times to make OSBot a better place. You learn rather quickly it simply isn't going to happen under the current owners. It's a shame, but it's their site and they've quite deliberately put it where it is right now. OSBot has been a great resource in my life and has connected me with some seriously amazing people, and for that I am grateful. Sadly, I gave up trying to influence big changes long ago.

As far as less scripts, that's to be expected. When OSBot 1 was new people made new scripts because nobody was buying scripts yet and nobody knew what they were doing. Free scripts were often written by newer scipters to prove their competence. We don't see many new scripters these days.

I'm not trying to bash OSBot, it has done a lot of great things for me (and still does), but I wouldn't wait for any massive changes, they just won't happen. 

I wish we, as a community, could develop ways to change that.

I wish we, as a community, could develop ways to change that.

That would be great, but realistically you need an authority that directly benefits from growth to develop those 'ways'. Community efforts are awesome but not effective when it's about serious things like the existence of the site. I've forumed before and the only way things get done is if the owner puts in effort.

• Like 1