Is Osbot Client Safe?

Aerospark

I'm sure this has been asked before but it would be cool to have a more definitive answer, there's a lot of conflicting information out there.

Anyway, is the OSBot client safe just by it's self? If I were to say, write a script that dumps all interface/object/NPC/ground item data, and played the game normally for a while through the client, is there any chance of getting banned for just that?

More technically, does jagex actually check for "injection"? They could just as easily check for reflection (if people are meaning standard java.lang.reflect stuff.) If so, does OSBot and the like actively disable such checks?

Yet more technobabble
Also, does anyone know if any bot has tried editing rt.jar or used -Xbootclasspath to gain access to various objects used by the client?

Edited by Aerospark

I'm guessing overly technical questions aren't what are ususally asked around here? Just trying to figure out how things have changed, ive been gone a long time.. :/

mark donalds with fagex added bot system that dectects with this client ban rates are 1 hour-5 days 

custom clients are 10-50 days :D

not really,
I've been banned using this client a number of times

Yet I have also created A LOT of successful accounts using the client and certain scripts,

I personally DO NOT use it for gold farming,
but rather levelling ALL my accounts.

With dabbling a lot with botting in the last 4-5 months,
I've realised,
Longevity of botting without a Ban,more or less depends on the methods applied with Luck playing a major factor,
when the Mods are out to hunt, cross ur fingers and hope ur'e overlooked.

No.

You're botting, you will get banned.

Well technically... my question was about running the client to scrape data, not botting.

If I was banned, it would be for using 3rd party software or something like that, not macroing  I'd assume in more tiny text

/nitpick

Edited by Aerospark

As far as I know OSBot does not xboot and instead injects into the gamepack and runs the game off that modified jar. Any Jagex requests they send out to detect whether there is injected code in the jar (such as getPlayer(), getCameraYaw(), etc.) are routed to the unmodified jars class loader.

Also, it seems like you're confused about what xbooting actually is. It doesn't actually modify rt.jar but instead looks for rt.jar class overrides found with the xbooting jar file that it will use instead of the defaults. If you actually modified the rt.jar files you'd have to delete and reinstall Java since things relying on the default Java functionality wouldn't work (assuming you did something drastic to one of the classes).

Edited by Swizzbeat
  • Like 2