Thinking of getting an iPad.

RoomScape

why would you apple if you can get something else cheaper

That's like saying why would you buy water when buying soda is cheaper.

Why would you buy a 16 oz bottle of water for 2.99 when you can buy a 24 pack of 14oz water bottels for 3.50? Because people are idiots.

Not everyone has the extra money to get a better deal. Buying bulk is always cheaper, but people just don't always have the money to buy bulk or the need to.

I literally have no idea what you just said.

You don't have to "repurchase" an app because it's from a different store or publishing platform but actually because it's a different license because it's different product because it's written in a different programming language.

TLDR: The license isn't different because the store is different but because the code is different.

You don't have to "repurchase" an app because it's from a different store or publishing platform but actually because it's a different license because it's different product because it's written in a different programming language.

TLDR: The license isn't different because the store is different but because the code is different.

Err no? I can write an iOS app in Objective-C, rewrite it in Swift, and be unable to recharge people unless I released a completely new app. Hell, I can write a Windows phone app in C# then switch to C++ and then do the whole thing over again in Javascript without any extra compensation.

The language you write a phone app in doesn't matter, I'm not sure why you assume it does.

Edited by Swizzbeat

I'm not sure why people are bringing programming languages into this....?

It's like if I bought a book from Wal-Mart and then asked Barnes and Noble for the same book for free because I bought it at another store. I'm not sure how difficult of a concept that is to grasp.

Different languages <-> different licenses <-> different stores

The comparison with the physical book is actually quite horrible ... ?

I literally have no idea what you just said.

Err no? I can write an iOS app in Objective-C, rewrite it in Swift, and be unable to recharge people unless I released a completely new app. Hell, I can write a Windows phone app in C# then switch to C++ and then do the whole thing over again in Javascript without any extra compensation.

The language you write a phone app in doesn't matter, I'm not sure why you assume it does.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

• Like 2

I had a hard time picking between the two, but I ended up with the Note 10.1 because it was cheaper when I got it. That sway me over.

The iPad has more apps than the Note, but if I ever wanted to develop anything, I rather do Android development.

Ahh, I see. Android isn't that bad, it's just that I have an iPhone and using an iPad would simplify things over using a nexus. :p