Recent Website Unresponsiveness Explained!

Laz

Hello fellow OSBotters,

We've been noticing some recurring downtime associated with our website and our hosting provider has just recently clarified the issue. It seems that they've been actually backing up all network drives nightly at specifically between 11AM-1AM  Eastern US/Canada (GMT - 4:00). As a result our servers IO usage was quickly being used up and thus long wait times for loading the forums.

We're correcting the issue by moving to some better dedicated servers instead of using cloud services. However this next upgrade will definitely be suited for faster performance. The transition to the new servers will be seamless for bots and we anticipate some downtime for forums. Currently, the transition is planned to occur within the next 3 days. Thus, you may experience this slowdown again on the forums during these time periods, but only for the next 3 days at most!

Our servers are handling fine now and you should be fine to bot!

Thanks,

Sincerely The OSBot Team.

BTW: This is all credits to @Zach. He solved this entire situation for me and should be congratulated for his great professionalism!

• Like 2

• Developer

For clarification, we're more or less sticking with the same provider. They've provided assurances that this step will solve the issue. Considering that they're a major corporation with thousands of clients across the globe, I'm quite willing to take them at their word.

And thanks for the shoutout, I seem to be the one lurking in the shadows these days!

• Like 4